PDA

View Full Version : Need some food ideas

Ryno
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Check out my current meal which is basically the same everyday.
http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=rdwick

My bodyweight: 180
My fat percentage: 18%
LBM: 147.6

My cutting meal formula is:
Cals: Bodyweight x 12 = 2160
Protein: LBM x 1 = 147.6

I stick to mostly healthy fats when possible and good carbs.

My meal structure, as is, is low on calories and high on protein. Please recommend some adjustments.

Pimpstick
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Stop cutting when you're so small to begin with. People tell me my diet is weird, but then I look at some of you people who only eat protein shakes, tuna, and some fish oil everyday. What is wrong with you dude? Eat some food and put on some muscle. You realize your body fat percentage will drop if you increase the denominator while keeping the numerator consistent.... At your weight that would be easy.

I'd be less harsh, but your avatar picture is making me want to kill myself. I want to scratch a hole in my computer screen when I look at it.

Ryno
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM
LOL, the picture was supposed to be animated but it didn't work and I just never changed it. I eat a lot. I actually eat more than I posted. Thats just what I planned to eat today. I am trying to cut back a little because my gut has been getting bigger. I want to be in decent shape as warmer weather approaches. I'll post what I ate yesterday so you can see what I mean. Check out my food entries for the 10th.

I wasn't gonna lift today but I changed my mind so I'm modifying today's entries as well. Check that out again.

But the end issue is that the amount I'm eating is giving me a gut. I don't want a gut.

Ben Moore
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Train more - problem solved. At 180 you shouldn't be cutting.

Pete22
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Train more - problem solved.

This very well may be the solution to a majority of life's problems, lol.

RichMcGuire
03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
If he wants to cut, let em' cut, lol. It's his body.

RichMcGuire
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
LOL, the picture was supposed to be animated but it didn't work and I just never changed it. I eat a lot. I actually eat more than I posted. Thats just what I planned to eat today. I am trying to cut back a little because my gut has been getting bigger. I want to be in decent shape as warmer weather approaches. I'll post what I ate yesterday so you can see what I mean. Check out my food entries for the 10th.

I wasn't gonna lift today but I changed my mind so I'm modifying today's entries as well. Check that out again.

But the end issue is that the amount I'm eating is giving me a gut. I don't want a gut.

This seems to be the pitfall of most cutting plans.

Besides your diet, what else are you doing to drop body fat?

Mercuryblade
03-11-2009, 03:52 PM

As a skinny man I can very much sympathize.
I put on weight like E.T., and to be honest I'd rather be a skinny dude with some definition then a pear with toothpicks for arms.

Just do a cut for the beginning of summer, and then starting in July do a really slow and clean bulk.

Ben Moore
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
*Sigh*

KarstenDD
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
OOOO, Ben, can it be Karsten's diet advice tiem nao?

WillNoble
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM

ignorance is bliss....

WillNoble
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
OOOO, Ben, can it be Karsten's diet advice tiem nao?

I'll preempt Ben and say yes...

KarstenDD
03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll preempt Ben and say yes...

Sweet.

OP, You need to eat and eat and eat. You're 180 pounds. Anorexic 12 year olds are bigger than that. Train hard and get up to 220 at least then you can cut. In the meantime you need to eat a lot. Always. Double what you're getting now and add in some McDonalds and Pizzas and Hostess snack cakes. Then you will succeed.

Ryno
03-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Any diet advice that includes McDonalds and Hostess snack cakes is obviously shady. I'm aware that I'm a skinny guy and right now I'm doing the 30 days 30 lbs thing. Just started it yesterday. With my current meal plan I am slowly gaining weight and I'll stick with that for the 30 days. Afterwards I may try to lose my gut. Looking good is more important to me than being able to lift a car. You are in this for your reasons and I'm in it for mine.

VikingWarlord
03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Any diet advice that includes McDonalds and Hostess snack cakes is obviously shady.

Not shady, that's just the advice to give people who want to gain weight at all costs. As he says, get "yoked", whatever the **** that means. I, personally, have no desire to be a plow ox.

Cutting at your size will be unnecessarily difficult. However, since I'm pretty sure you're going to try to do it anyway, based on what you posted up there, you really could use some more fat in your diet and drop your carbs a little. Are you taking fish oil? It's also a little unnerving that almost exactly half your intake is coming from supplements. Why is that?

Pimpstick
03-12-2009, 08:35 AM
How tall are you? How did you measure your body fat?

Us telling you not to cut when you're 180 is not the same thing as us telling you to bulk to 250 pounds.

If you cut down to say.. 165-170, you are going to be a run of the mill, skinny guy with no appreciable muscle mass. You will be just like everyone else.

If you want to be big, strong, and stand out in the crowd, you need to gain some weight and pack on some muscle. I'm not telling you to turn into a powerlifter, but if you're not willing to be a little pudgy for a while you will never get anywhere...

Ryno
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
My intake consists of a lot of supplements purely for convenience. Plus it makes it much easier to keep track of my numbers for the day. I spent a few hours on Monday cooking moink balls, chicken breast, brocolli, tuna cakes and turkey chili. After all that I'll still probably be cooking early next week. I plan my chili eating around times I will be on my own later because it makes for a windy situation. So its probably the only thing that will last longer. I cook food that is very easy to make. Two summers ago my meal plan was all chicken, brocolli, sweet potato and 3 Myoplex RTDs a day. It worked well and I got in good shape with my abs starting to become visible. So I know its possible, the difference is that then I didn't touch a beer for 3 months. I've been drinking almost daily here cause I'm always out with friends.

I have a scale that calculates BF%. I realize its not super accurate but its good enough as a reference. I'm 6'3".

Ben Moore
03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
6'3" and 180 and you want to cut...*shakes head*

ZenMonkey
03-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Your metabolism is in the trash from cutting. Id suggest carb/calorei cycling to increase it whether you decide to bulk or cut.

Pimpstick
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Dude, you really fail bigtime.... Do you even lift weights or are you just trying to look anorexic?

If you want to cut, go for it, but you are just going to look bad...

I had it in my head you were like 5"10', but 6"3'.... 180 is thin as hell. Why are you here? We cannot possibly give you any good advice to acheive your goals when what you're trying to do is the opposite of what we are trying to do.

Nobody at that height and weight has any appreciable muscle and yet you think that losing weight is going to make you more defined? It's just going to make you look sickly. But like I said earlier, it's your body, and the more people that look like you make us bigger folk look that much better...

I'll leave you some constructive advice. Since you seem to occasionally use fitday, you need to input your alcohol calories since you drink everyday.

Pete22
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I have a scale that calculates BF%. I realize its not super accurate but its good enough as a reference. I'm 6'3".

Those are not accurate at all. I have faintly visible abs and one of those told me I was at 25%. At 6'3" and 180, you are not fat, you are hungry. Eat.

J.C.
03-13-2009, 08:17 AM
If you work out really hard then you may gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Squatting three times a week (like with starting strength) will cause your muscles to become more visible even if you increase the calories.

At your existing weight you could probably train really hard and have your weight stay about the same because fat will have been replaced with muscle. Bump calories by 300-500 and as Ben says, "train more". It will sort itself out.

Scooter
03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I can't picture 6'3" 180 at anything greater than 15% BF :confused:

mike95763
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Forget about cutting. Like everyone said you don't need it. If you start lifting heavy and do a clean bulk you will look way better in a year (or even 3 or six months) than if you start cutting now. By the way McDonalds isn't the worst thing in the world. The fat may not be the healthiest in the world, but if you get things like a double quarter pounder they actually have a resonable micronutrient breakdown, particularly if you don't get a lot of fat in your diet otherwise (that and it tastes good and makes a diet easier to stick to)