PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Routine Help!

2kool
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
i need some help here with my routine, rather, my lack of a routine right now. i have been lifting for a total of 2 years or so, the majority of which i spent with a terrible routine that included no squats or deads.. so shortly after finding this site and taking up Rippetoes SS i have fallen in love, and been in love with powerlifting for a while now. i started stalling out of Rippetoes so i got off of it a couple months ago. but since completing Rippetoes i really havent had a solid routine. ive tried designing routines for myself but i havent been satisfied for whatever reason with any of them. my workouts are suffering because i get to the gym and cant figure out what to do, since i currently dont have a set routine. could somebody please help me with a good powerlifting type of routine, or point me towards some good ones? my goals are to add as much mass as possible (which i know is eating) and to get a good start into the powerlifting world. i wanna deadlift 6500 pounds, squat 10 elephants, and bench a car. maybe unrealistic goals? some might say so.. but you get the picture! i have 3 days a week to train.. and most equipment available at my gym.

Rusty
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Westside....

Wendler also wrote a book on training three days a week.
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=134&pid=2786

Also, find a powerlifting gym to train at. It doesn't have to be every session, but atleast a couple times a month.

Brian C
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/westside-barbell-basic-template-469668.html

Pete22
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I would recommend that 3-days a week by Jim Wendler that Rusty recommended, but I would hold off a week or two until he releases his new and improved 5/3/1 book. It will be perfect for you with basic equipment (no gear, specialty bars, bands/chains, etc) and wanting to train 3-days a week. You'll get stronger and you'll gain mass if you eat enough.

Eric Downey
03-13-2009, 02:31 AM
i need some help here with my routine, rather, my lack of a routine right now. i have been lifting for a total of 2 years or so, the majority of which i spent with a terrible routine that included no squats or deads.. so shortly after finding this site and taking up Rippetoes SS i have fallen in love, and been in love with powerlifting for a while now. i started stalling out of Rippetoes so i got off of it a couple months ago. but since completing Rippetoes i really havent had a solid routine. ive tried designing routines for myself but i havent been satisfied for whatever reason with any of them. my workouts are suffering because i get to the gym and cant figure out what to do, since i currently dont have a set routine. could somebody please help me with a good powerlifting type of routine, or point me towards some good ones? my goals are to add as much mass as possible (which i know is eating) and to get a good start into the powerlifting world. i wanna deadlift 6500 pounds, squat 10 elephants, and bench a car. maybe unrealistic goals? some might say so.. but you get the picture! i have 3 days a week to train.. and most equipment available at my gym.

why only 3 days?

2kool
03-13-2009, 08:35 AM
the reason i only have 3 days is because of my work schedule and gym hours combined. i work 2 jobs which means i usually work 7 or 6 days a week with tuesday and thursday afternoons, and saturday mornings as my only free time. add to that the fact that my gym is only open until 9 mon - thurs. to 6 on fri. and to 3 pm sat.. closed sundays. to Rusty, i looked on powerlifting watch for a gym near me, and it only listed one in my city which is not too close and probably not affordable right now..