PDA

View Full Version : westside book question--

antknee
03-12-2009, 10:02 PM
how up to date is the book? is it current with whats going on there now? im thinking of getting it but i want to make sure it isnt old stuff.

Pete22
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
People have been getting strong as hell with the most basic of Westside templates, you don't have to worry about the newer stuff yet.

Edit: I'm assuming you're new to the Westside style training

antknee
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
no, not totally new..been reading the articles for yrs and did some westside stuff for my bench way back when..still do boards, loved chains, but speed bench never really did that much for me..im getting back into squatting after a long layoff due to a pretty bad rugby injury and would like to read more about foam and some of the things i didnt read about in the past..

edit- best raw bench was 420x1 in about 2000 and ive pulled 1025 from just above my knees so im not really a noob..im usually about 210lbs..

got into a lot of power rack stuff a few yrs ago and did some really good lockouts that never translated to a bigger bench or deadlift..

chris mason
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Tony, both me and JT have a copy. It is a great book! I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in strength or athleticism.

antknee
03-12-2009, 10:36 PM
ok chris, cool..didnt know that- im gonna order tomorrow..im gonna try to get the bench back over 400 and i figure the bands may be what the knee may be needed in order to squat again. i think we both know i need it, lol...

pete22- noticed you are in chicago..where abouts? i went to high school in Barrington and live for quite a while in the Palatine/ Schaumburg area..

MarcusWild
03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I think it's great. I'd say it's pretty current, but I don't train at Westside. It is consistent with Louie's seminar that I went to though.

Pete22
03-13-2009, 06:56 AM
pete22- noticed you are in chicago..where abouts? i went to high school in Barrington and live for quite a while in the Palatine/ Schaumburg area..

Western Suburbs near O'Hare. But I'm pretty familiar with the Schaumburg and Palatine area.