PDA

View Full Version : anyone help me with setting up carb cycling with SS?

beaverfootball
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm a fan of carb cycling, but being a 3 day split, I'm not sure how to plan the high, low, and no carb days. Most carb cycling diets have a specific workout plan for them. I suppose that's why they are like that :bang:

Brodiesel
03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
go to www.elitefts.com and get the troponin macronutrient e-book, its 10 bucks, explains everything.

KingJustin
03-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Here are the two things I do: Slow Bulk & Slow Cut

Slow Bulk (typical carb cycling)
Workout days
Eat carbs in the morning (high & low GI) with protein
Eat fibery carbs and some high GI carbs w/ fast digesting protein before your workout. Continue eating fast-digesting protein & high GI carbs during the workout.
After the workout, eat waxy maize and a protein blend
Not counting that meal, for 2-3 hours after your workout, eat low GI carbs and protein over a couple more meals
For the rest of the day, eat meals that include protein, fats and vegetables
Your fats should be a reasonable mix of saturated fat and omega 3/6/9 fats

Rest Days

Slow Cut (PSMF + Refeed)
Workout days
In the morning and up until your pre-workout meal, eat only protein + vegetables + 1 tablespoon fish oil.
Prior to, and during your workout, eat carbs and protein.
For 6 hours after your workout, eat carbs and protein and some fats. Move from high GI to low GI carbs.
Towards the end of the day or as you begin to feel more full, cut the carbs and move back to protein+vegetables.

Rest Days
Eat protein and vegetables. And nothing else, except a total of 3 tablespoons of fish oil.

In both instances, I eat at the very least 1g/lb of BW of protein.

beaverfootball
03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Here are the two things I do: Slow Bulk & Slow Cut

Slow Bulk (typical carb cycling)
Workout days
Eat fibery carbs and some high GI carbs w/ fast digesting protein before your workout. Continue eating fast-digesting protein & high GI carbs during the workout.
After the workout, eat waxy maize and a protein blend
Not counting that meal, for 2-3 hours after your workout, eat low GI carbs and protein over a couple more meals
Your fats should be a reasonable mix of saturated fat and omega 3/6/9 fats

Rest Days

Slow Cut (PSMF + Refeed)
Workout days
In the morning and up until your pre-workout meal, eat only protein + vegetables + 1 tablespoon fish oil.
Prior to, and during your workout, eat carbs and protein.
For 6 hours after your workout, eat carbs and protein and some fats. Move from high GI to low GI carbs.
Towards the end of the day or as you begin to feel more full, cut the carbs and move back to protein+vegetables.

Rest Days
Eat protein and vegetables. And nothing else, except a total of 3 tablespoons of fish oil.

In both instances, I eat at the very least 1g/lb of BW of protein.

Hey thanks for the detailed response man. Just what I was shootin for! :strong: