PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast before an AM workout?

KingJustin
03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I hate working out in the morning.

Sometimes when I want to do CrossFit I have to work out right after I wake up.

What should I eat?

CrossFit basically means I'm doing weights + cardio at the same time. So, for example, let's say I'm trying to do 3 rounds of: 10 deadlifts w/ 315 lbs, 20 pull-ups, row 400m (trying to go as fast as possible).

What would you eat in the morning?

(assuming you do the typical 40/30/30 deal)

If I were just running a 5k, I'd just have some whey. If I was doing just weights, I would have a bigger breakfast with carbs. But what about something that includes both?

ELmx479
03-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I just started working out in the mornings last week and I have been trying to find what works best for me. I don't care for morning workouts either but it is the only thing that fits my schedule threw the summer.
Here is what I had today..

6:00 1 scoop of Nitrean in water, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 2 fish oil caps
6:30 start warming up moving into my workout
Edit- I drink 8oz of grape juice with 5g of creatine 500 during my workout.
8:00 done lifting, 3 eggs, 3 whites, wheat bagel, 16oz milk, cup of fruit
8:30 out the door to work

whiteman90909
03-13-2009, 07:18 PM
It sounds kinda nasty, but a bit of vanilla why powder and some gatorade mix is something that I can have in the morning that has protein and high GI carbs but doesn't make me feel sick.

Before I do PT in the morning I'll just take a few swigs of some sort of juice... anything with carbs so I get at least some energy.

Robel2008
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
The Breakfast Club 1985, starring Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson. ... who
administered a cigar burn to his arm for spilling paint in the garage. ....
Claire then proceeds to act out her life before asking Bender to demonstrate his
version. ... Robin helps Vernon on a few workout machines until Vernon ...

Mercuryblade
03-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Claire then proceeds to act out her life before asking Bender to demonstrate his

Obvious bot is obvious.

KingJustin
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM

I think you're onto something. Tell me more.

CrazyK
03-15-2009, 12:49 PM
A few scoops of whey and a glass of orange juice, or piece of fruit will do you good. Glucogenesis is pretty easy to enter in to on a program like crossfit with no food in you.

oscar4883
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Every morning I put some milk, a couple scoops of whey, some peanut butter and 1/2 cup of oats in the blender and mix it up. Sometimes this is before a workout. Toss it in a shaker so you can keep mixing it as you drink. It takes a few times to get used to it but now I actually look forward to it in the morning. Hope this helps.

KingJustin
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Every morning I put some milk, a couple scoops of whey, some peanut butter and 1/2 cup of oats in the blender and mix it up. Sometimes this is before a workout. Toss it in a shaker so you can keep mixing it as you drink. It takes a few times to get used to it but now I actually look forward to it in the morning. Hope this helps.

This is actually very similar to my breakfast every day, except I think I eat more oatmeal and instead of PB I eat a banana.