PDA

View Full Version : PF & PC meal suggestions?

twm
03-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm so bad at putting together meals -- I have 3 meals that i make that i alternate each day of the week. Can anyone throw in some of their favorite PF/PC meals that are easy to make?

VikingWarlord
03-14-2009, 08:18 AM
It really depends on what you consider a meal, but a PF meal that I thoroughly enjoy is a cup of cottage cheese with an avocado.

If you feel like cooking and have some basic skills, I dig chicken mushroom risotto for a PC meal.

RichMcGuire
03-14-2009, 08:43 AM
It really depends on what you consider a meal, but a PF meal that I thoroughly enjoy is a cup of cottage cheese with an avocado.

If you feel like cooking and have some basic skills, I dig chicken mushroom risotto for a PC meal.

Mmmm now that sounds good.

cphafner
03-14-2009, 09:10 AM
check out john berardi's site and the men's health tnt site. Both have some recipes.

KingJustin
03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
PF Meals
Chicken Salad: Salad + microwaved "grilled" frozen chicken + olive oil
Salmon: Spinach + Salmon + (optional) cheese
Cheesy ****: Cheese + Chicken + spinach (I'll have fish oil pills with this)
Veal scallopini: Veal + tomatoes, and heat in olive oil
Every other PF I eat is just 3 things thrown together.

PC meals ...
Breaded Chicken Rottini Alfredo Deliciousness: breaded chicken (with italian bread crumbs) + firm rottini pasta + mushrooms + onion + a little low fat alfredo = delicious
Goo: 3 scoops oatmeal + milk (heat for 2min) + low-fat cottage cheese + chocolate protein blend + high-protein chocolate cereal bar (heat for another 35 seconds)
Egg & Cheese Bagel: eggs + bagel + (optional) cheese
Crab linguine alfredo (also delicious)

I eat low-fat cheese.

KingJustin
03-14-2009, 11:29 AM

I've never had this before. I think I'm going to try it tonight.

I'm feeling very hungry already!

VikingWarlord
03-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Be careful, it's easy to screw up a risotto. If you're doing it on a stovetop, you must keep it moving, kind of like rice-a-roni.

In fact, I think I posted a recipe for it in the recipe section somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: This one (http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1639,157189-225197,00.html) is the one I used to learn the basic technique. Once you get it down, you can do pretty much anything with it.

Holto
03-15-2009, 08:48 PM
After all these seasons of Hells Kitchen, I'm dying to try a risotto.