PDA

View Full Version : bench grip wtf ?!!

xolix
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
i testet one week wide bench (index on the rings)max and the other week pinky on the rings to max .... i pressed exactly the same weight ..same warm ups !! i try to figure out which one is the stronger grip for myself but with this results i am confused a lot !! the wider grip is shorter , but the start is difficult . the closer grip is with a better start with my lats , but with a heavier lockout .

i don't know what my perfect comp.grip is !!! with wide bench i should train speed and starting strength ...on the closer grip i should train my lockout more...

any thougths ?

xolix
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
RAW benching...

mike95763
03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Try in between the two. If I go out to index on the ring or come in to pinky on the ring I am almost the same as you, my raw bench is best with the ring in between my ring finger and pointer finger. One finger either way makes at least 5-10 lbs of difference.

MarcusWild
03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
My raw bench is that way. My middle finger on the ring is the best for me. I know my front delts are the weak link in my raw bench if that helps. I'm definitely NOT a good raw bencher though.

Brian C
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I like my middle finger on the ring also. Best of both worlds.