PDA

View Full Version : Ordering new shirt tomorrow

mattdunkin
03-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Got my tax return the other day and I am going to use part of it to finally get a new shirt.This will be my first new shirt as the Inzer Dbl Denim I have is a hand-me-down from my friend who has a really bad ammonia addiction-his name is Chad Aichs,and the Rage-X I have was given to me after I comped a membership for someone.So,it will be nice to finally get a shirt made to my specs.I'm having trouble though deciding what to get and am leaning towards another Denim seeing as I like the groove of it and the fact that it should last forever,but then I'm also thinking of trying one of the new Super Training Katanas.Just looking for some feedback as to what some of you guys would do if you had a couple bills to throw down on a shirt.

Jon Elick
03-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I get more out of my single Katana than I ever did from a double denim or double Rage-X. IMO, the Katana is a much better design and certainly the best poly material available. My team is having pretty much the same results after switching to the Katana.
Call Ken Anderson or hit up his website andersonpowerlifting.com and you'll have a Super Katana in a couple days...

Brian Hopper
03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I get more out of my single Katana than I ever did from a double denim or double Rage-X. IMO, the Katana is a much better design and certainly the best poly material available. My team is having pretty much the same results after switching to the Katana.
Call Ken Anderson or hit up his website andersonpowerlifting.com and you'll have a Super Katana in a couple days...

Are you using an open or closed back Katana?

Travis Bell
03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I have been hearing nothing but good things about the Super Training Katana's

If you liked a denim, I believe they bench similar in that they have a lot of stopping power, but different in that they have more follow through. I always found in my denim that I was locking out the weight by myself.

If you do go with Titan, go with Ken Anderson. You won't find a more top notch guy and he'll get the stuff to you right away.

bencher8
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
No disrespect to anyone, but Inzer makes the best shirts out there. All you have to do is look at the top numbers and see for yourself. A double Rage X is just like a denim with more pop. They will also last a pretty long time. If you grid stitch one it will last just as long as a denim....if you need more stretch..the Phenom, super phenom and super duper phenom are the route to go.

There might be competition with his suits with Metal, but when it comes to shirts...Inzer is the best hands down..

If you do decide to go with Titan..Ken Anderson is the man to talk to.

Pete22
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I love my Katana, and the Super Training cut ones have been getting great reviews.

mattdunkin
03-15-2009, 10:40 PM
No disrespect to anyone, but Inzer makes the best shirts out there. All you have to do is look at the top numbers and see for yourself. A double Rage X is just like a denim with more pop. They will also last a pretty long time. If you grid stitch one it will last just as long as a denim....if you need more stretch..the Phenom, super phenom and super duper phenom are the route to go.

There might be competition with his suits with Metal, but when it comes to shirts...Inzer is the best hands down..

If you do decide to go with Titan..Ken Anderson is the man to talk to.

Thanks for the help,everyone.That does make sense about getting the Rage-X grid stitched and longevity is one of the major factors I'm looking at.I agree with Travis about the denims not giving much follow through to lockout as say my Rage-X.How are the Katanas seeming to hold-up after training in them for awhile-still giving a good pop off the chest?

vdizenzo
03-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Grid stitched Rage X sounds like the right call. The sleeves usually come pretty long. If you order one, depending on your stats, you should have them address that.

Eric Downey
03-16-2009, 05:47 AM
if your gonna go with the rage and not the katana id advise a bigger chest plate. other wise the shirt pulls your shoulders forward unlike a denim. personally id use the katana which i use now or the phenom

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
03-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Got my tax return the other day and I am going to use part of it to finally get a new shirt.This will be my first new shirt as the Inzer Dbl Denim I have is a hand-me-down from my friend who has a really bad ammonia addiction-his name is Chad Aichs,and the Rage-X I have was given to me after I comped a membership for someone.So,it will be nice to finally get a shirt made to my specs.I'm having trouble though deciding what to get and am leaning towards another Denim seeing as I like the groove of it and the fact that it should last forever,but then I'm also thinking of trying one of the new Super Training Katanas.Just looking for some feedback as to what some of you guys would do if you had a couple bills to throw down on a shirt.

When you call Inzer Advance Designs, ask for Brandon and he'll take care of you.

Tom Mutaffis
03-16-2009, 09:05 AM
From an outside perspective it seems like a toss up. A lot of Inzer sponsored lifters suggesting Inzer, and a lot of guys suggesting the Titan Katana as well.

I have heard good things about both so doesn't seem like you can go wrong either way.

Would shop based on price, and service may also be a factor. Have heard some complaints about Inzers service and also experienced it myself (slow shipping and bad communication), never ordered anything from Ken Anderson but everyone seems to have good things to say about him.

Good luck with the new shirt - I am sure that you will hit some big numbers using one that is actually sized specifically for you.

vdizenzo
03-16-2009, 10:01 AM
I get what you are saying Tom. I have worn many different shirts from many manufacturers over the years including Titan. I was sponsored by another manufacturer when I made the switch and I had my choice. I have known a few people who have had problems with Inzer customer service. I will not deny that. However, with the amount of equipment they sell I bet the percentage would be the same as any other manufacturer. The nice thing is that if there is a problem a sponsored lifter like myself would quickly jump in and get in contact with John. He greatly appreciates that because if he does not hear about these things he cannot fix them. Regarding bench shirts, I'd be curious to see how many records are held by those who wear Inzer v Titan.

Ryano
03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Regarding bench shirts, I'd be curious to see how many records are held by those who wear Inzer v Titan.

As far as Open all time bench records, I think Inzer has them all. I have the all time >50 bench record in a single ply Titan, but the only people who care about that is the people >50. Bill Gillespie will probably be taking that one from me after he turns 50, but he wears Titan also now.

Tom Mutaffis
03-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I get what you are saying Tom. I have worn many different shirts from many manufacturers over the years including Titan. I was sponsored by another manufacturer when I made the switch and I had my choice. I have known a few people who have had problems with Inzer customer service. I will not deny that. However, with the amount of equipment they sell I bet the percentage would be the same as any other manufacturer. The nice thing is that if there is a problem a sponsored lifter like myself would quickly jump in and get in contact with John. He greatly appreciates that because if he does not hear about these things he cannot fix them. Regarding bench shirts, I'd be curious to see how many records are held by those who wear Inzer v Titan.

Very good info and that is true about a sponsored athlete being able to potentially resolve any customer service glitches. I just took a quick look online and it appeared that the Inzer shirts are a little bit less expensive, so if they have all of the records and cost less then it would make sense to go with that option.

What are your guys opinions on the Apex shirt that APT is selling now? Have heard some good things and I believe Ben Moore has one that he is testing out right now...

Travis Bell
03-16-2009, 11:54 AM
In the multiply world, at this moment Inzer has most assuredly the most shirts out there, but in the single ply competitons, you see a ton more Titan shirts out there IMO.

I think the Katana is a step in the right direction for them and Mark Bell definately helped them dial it in. He's done very well with that shirt.

In the near future, I will be trying some newer Titan shirts to better round out myself in my knowledge of bench shirts. I had good success with them when I competed in the USAPL several years ago once I got the chest plates sized correctly and I always enjoy the challenge of a new shirt.

whotime
03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Very good info and that is true about a sponsored athlete being able to potentially resolve any customer service glitches. I just took a quick look online and it appeared that the Inzer shirts are a little bit less expensive, so if they have all of the records and cost less then it would make sense to go with that option.

What are your guys opinions on the Apex shirt that APT is selling now? Have heard some good things and I believe Ben Moore has one that he is testing out right now...

i have an APEX and i can tell you it freakin rocks, you get so much out of that shirt once you learn the groove of it.

Ryano
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Tom another thing to consider is the guarantee. Inzer doesn't have one(Maybe 30 days, but in effect, none). Titan will fix or replace the shirt for a full year.

mattdunkin
03-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Ok,I went ahead and ordered one of Rickey Dale Crain's shirts...just kidding!!!No,I went on a limb and called Ken Anderson and ordered the Super Katana in single-ply,other than my Boss squat suit I have always been a strictly Inzer guy but I thought about it and I have a single-ply Rage-X and the double denim already so I thought I'd give the Katana a try and put the time in that and see how it works for me.I told him I wanted the Super Training cut and he said that now the Super Katana is basically the same thing with the scooped neck/reinforced neck but the only difference is he's removing the backs for Mark Bell and sewing a bigger one on and a few other personal adjustments for Mr Jackass!I did feel like a total traitor though ordering anything not Inzer-my old training partner had bought my Boss as a birthday present for me last year,but we'll see how it goes.Thanks again for everyone's help,I really appreciate it.

Brian C
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Make sure to post about your first training session with the SK. Im a Inzer guy also whose weighing options on a new shirt and look forward to some feedback. Good luck with it.

Travis Bell
03-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Ok,I went ahead and ordered one of Rickey Dale Crain's shirts

LOL you had me here

...just kidding!!!No,I went on a limb and called Ken Anderson and ordered the Super Katana in single-ply,other than my Boss squat suit I have always been a strictly Inzer guy but I thought about it and I have a single-ply Rage-X and the double denim already so I thought I'd give the Katana a try and put the time in that and see how it works for me.I told him I wanted the Super Training cut and he said that now the Super Katana is basically the same thing with the scooped neck/reinforced neck but the only difference is he's removing the backs for Mark Bell and sewing a bigger one on and a few other personal adjustments for Mr Jackass!I did feel like a total traitor though ordering anything not Inzer-my old training partner had bought my Boss as a birthday present for me last year,but we'll see how it goes.Thanks again for everyone's help,I really appreciate it.

Lots of people seem to be enjoying the Super Katana. Let us know how it goes.

scott rowe
03-17-2009, 09:12 AM
i tell people go with what u need. you want stopping power, or need give? 2 ply grid stiched katana i can only think of one person that touches in one. i need the stretch when it comes to twp ply so the sdp workes for me but single ply katana give tons of carry over for single ply meets.

WILD BILL
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Ok,I went ahead and ordered one of Rickey Dale Crain's shirts...just kidding!!!No,I went on a limb and called Ken Anderson and ordered the Super Katana in single-ply,other than my Boss squat suit I have always been a strictly Inzer guy but I thought about it and I have a single-ply Rage-X and the double denim already so I thought I'd give the Katana a try and put the time in that and see how it works for me.I told him I wanted the Super Training cut and he said that now the Super Katana is basically the same thing with the scooped neck/reinforced neck but the only difference is he's removing the backs for Mark Bell and sewing a bigger one on and a few other personal adjustments for Mr Jackass!I did feel like a total traitor though ordering anything not Inzer-my old training partner had bought my Boss as a birthday present for me last year,but we'll see how it goes.Thanks again for everyone's help,I really appreciate it.

Whats up man? Listen the Super Training Katanas are the best shirts out. I know one of the guys said look at the best benches and there in Inzer, but also be sure to note that these guys are BENCH ONLY guys and not full powerlifters. Also if you look at Mendy's shirt its like 3plys, with reinforcements everywhere and weighs about 3lbs. Also dont listen to J.T. that is a guy thats only getting about 50lbs out of his shirt, he doesnt train with it much and doesnt know how to use them.

If you need any help with the shirt be sure to ask me or someone else at ST, I think im the only member on WBB though from ST. Hope u like ur shirt man.

Ryano
03-18-2009, 02:23 PM
If you need any help with the shirt be sure to ask me or someone else at ST, I think im the only member on WBB though from ST. Hope u like ur shirt man.

Wow, WildBill, that's kind of arrogant saying that you're the only person on WBB that can give shirt advice. Considering some of the benchers on here.

Pete22
03-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, WildBill, that's kind of arrogant saying that you're the only person on WBB that can give shirt advice. Considering some of the benchers on here.

I think he meant specifically with the "Super Training Cut" Katana.

ACaslow
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
When you call Inzer Advance Designs, ask for Brandon and he'll take care of you.

ummm, NO. Brandon is not for this, he is busy enough as it is for you to be tossing his name out like he is the customer service representative.

WILD BILL
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM

WOW no way is that what I meant. If anyone thought that Im sorry. What I did mean is that if he needs any help specifically with the Super Training Cut Katana to let me know. We at ST have mastered this one specific shirt and are great with helping newbies of the ST Katana use it.

Once again I apologize if thats what anyone thought. I have the utmost respect for the members of this board.

Brian Hopper
03-18-2009, 08:17 PM
WILD BILL, Is the SuperTraining Katana the same as the Super Katana scoop neck?

Ryano
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
WOW no way is that what I meant. If anyone thought that Im sorry. What I did mean is that if he needs any help specifically with the Super Training Cut Katana to let me know. We at ST have mastered this one specific shirt and are great with helping newbies of the ST Katana use it.

Once again I apologize if thats what anyone thought. I have the utmost respect for the members of this board.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. My bad.

WILD BILL
03-19-2009, 02:46 AM
WILD BILL, Is the SuperTraining Katana the same as the Super Katana scoop neck?

The Super Katana has a scoop but nowhere near what our scoop has. Alot of people think the super katana is our shirt but its not. We have the Super Training Scoop much much bigger then the super katana.

Brian Hopper
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
The Super Katana has a scoop but nowhere near what our scoop has. Alot of people think the super katana is our shirt but its not. We have the Super Training Scoop much much bigger then the super katana.

Who carrys the Super Training scoop Katana? or is it just for you guys?

WILD BILL
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Who carrys the Super Training scoop Katana? or is it just for you guys?

The only person who does it is Ken Anderson. He will do it for anyone who wants it.

When I ordered mine i said I wanted a 52Katana (Which means a 52 chest plate with 52 arms) with a 54 back, with the Super Training Scoop and the Super Training reinforced collar with an extra 4in of material on the bottom. That is the standard Super Training Katana. Its completely diff from the Super Katana.

Brian Hopper
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Do you get it single ply or double? So your isnt an open back?

Jon Elick
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
In response to your question, I use both cut back and closed back Katanas. I have both single and double ply depending on the meet circumstances. I think Inzer has more of the all-time records, but they are all the double/triple ply. When you look at the numbers for single ply meets, Titan can't be touched.

WILD BILL
03-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Do you get it single ply or double? So your isnt an open back?

Most of us use single ply, one guys uses a dbl ply and right now Jackass is working with a 2ply arm but single ply chest plate. Also none of us wear an open back.

In response to your question, I use both cut back and closed back Katanas. I have both single and double ply depending on the meet circumstances. I think Inzer has more of the all-time records, but they are all the double/triple ply. When you look at the numbers for single ply meets, Titan can't be touched.

I cant agree with u more. Most inzer records are with 2 or 3 ply shirts. Also usually bench only guys but not all. A lot of full power guys are starting to put up big benches with titan and single ply wise no shirt comes close to the titan.

Travis Bell
03-19-2009, 09:50 PM
If you're setting a record in a multiply fed, I guess I'm confused as to why it's a bad thing that the Inzer shirts are 2 and 3ply? If it's not against the rules, might as well arm yourself as best you can right?

I do think down the road that Titan will come out with more multiply shirts though

Treston, why do you guys all wear closed backs? That's one thing I've wondered and always forget to ask smelly

Brian Hopper
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Can't you get more out of an open back then a closed back?

MarcusWild
03-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Doesn't a lot of this depend on how much you bench? Not everyone can wear a double rage-x with all the bells and whistles. Not everyone can wear a super training Katana with all the modifications. For some people, the best thing will be a really tight fury, F6, or single rage-x. I thinks shirts are kind of a progression as you get stronger.

WILD BILL
03-20-2009, 01:42 AM
If you're setting a record in a multiply fed, I guess I'm confused as to why it's a bad thing that the Inzer shirts are 2 and 3ply? If it's not against the rules, might as well arm yourself as best you can right?

I do think down the road that Titan will come out with more multiply shirts though

Treston, why do you guys all wear closed backs? That's one thing I've wondered and always forget to ask smelly

Travis ur absolutely right about the multi ply fed thing. But when people are starting to bench more with a single ply katana then a 2 or 3 ply shirt no matter who makes it then why not wear a single ply shirt thats stronger than a lot (not all) of 2ply or 3ply shirts on the market.

In the end it all comes down to personal preference. Ive tried inzer and titan and I just happen to like titan. I hope everyone in the end just picks what works best for them no matter who makes it lol.

And for the open vs. closed back thing, I have no idea lol. Ill talk to mark about that and get back to u asap.

BTW I loved ur brothers movie BSF lol. Mark told me about that. Thats funny.

Brian Hopper
03-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks WB! I'm using a DD Metal shirt now but I think it needs the chest plate brought in about another inch. I'm just really interested in the Katana. So whatever advice and input would be greatly appreciated!!!

WILD BILL
03-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks WB! I'm using a DD Metal shirt now but I think it needs the chest plate brought in about another inch. I'm just really interested in the Katana. So whatever advice and input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Anytime man.

Travis Bell
03-20-2009, 04:18 AM
BTW I loved ur brothers movie BSF lol. Mark told me about that. Thats funny.

hahaha you have no idea how often that happens.

I mean I guess I can understand the confusion, we have the same last name and we both have trained at Westside.

Sadly though, my bloat is the giveaway. It pales in comparison. I am weak

vdizenzo
03-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Plies are irrelavant in my book. When you can hardly touch in a single ply, it does not make it much different than a double or triple. This is not a knock on Titan or any other manufacturer. To me you're either in gear or your raw. Anything more is just watering down the competition. I'm going to start the ply and a half division.

WILD BILL
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
hahaha you have no idea how often that happens.

I mean I guess I can understand the confusion, we have the same last name and we both have trained at Westside.

Sadly though, my bloat is the giveaway. It pales in comparison. I am weak

Everyones bloat pales in comparison to his.

Plies are irrelavant in my book. When you can hardly touch in a single ply, it does not make it much different than a double or triple. This is not a knock on Titan or any other manufacturer. To me you're either in gear or your raw. Anything more is just watering down the competition. I'm going to start the ply and a half division.

HAHA Single ply, One and a half ply and double ply. I wonder if thats what Marks new shirt is. Single Ply shirt with double ply arms? 1.5 plys?

WILD BILL
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Travis got an answer to ur question. We all wear single ply shirts and a majority of single ply shirts are closed back. U only really start to see open back when u get to the 2ply or 3ply shirts. Also we put such a huge scoop in our shirt it almost acts like an open back shirt cause we can still pull the shirt down and have the collar pretty much wherever we want it like an open back but we keep the advantage of the shirt not moving around like an open back.

Travis Bell
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Travis got an answer to ur question. We all wear single ply shirts and a majority of single ply shirts are closed back. U only really start to see open back when u get to the 2ply or 3ply shirts. Also we put such a huge scoop in our shirt it almost acts like an open back shirt cause we can still pull the shirt down and have the collar pretty much wherever we want it like an open back but we keep the advantage of the shirt not moving around like an open back.

Good stuff Treston! Thanks

That makes sense. The closed back would keep the shoulders placed where they need to be in a single ply shirt.

That is one thing I like about open back. I can pull the shirt way on for the first attempt, jack it a little for the second and then gangster for a third.

let us know how smelly likes his shirt with the 2ply sleeves, that's a very interesting idea!

WILD BILL
03-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Exactly, shoulders stay put but with the abnormal sized scoop we can jack the hell out of it.

What we actually did was order him a 2ply shirt to begin with. Then after he wore it a few times we cut one of the chest plates out so the chest plate is single but everything else is 2ply. So far he likes it.

Will u be at the cinci Pro/Am in Aug?

mattdunkin
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
All right,I tried the shirt out the other night.Working the overnight shift at the so-called gym I do,it has been hard finding reliable training partners, even for bench night.Anyway,none of my usual training partners showed so I recruited a friend of mine to help me out as he came in to do his "workout" and put the shirt on when I got to 405.My bench has always been my worst lift but I am using that as a positive to bring it up and right now after a damn 6 year layoff have finally gotten back to benching 405 raw again-just a little background so bear with me.So,I get 405 down about halfway and it flies right up.Go 455 and it stops a bit lower and right back up.495 the handoff got pretty scary but I did get it to about 3 inches or so from touching and it went up easy as hell.I stopped here seeing how his last handoff went and should have my regular crew in next week so I can really get some decent work in this shirt.I will say the Super Katana gave me more support all the way through to lockout than any of the other shirts I have used making the last few inches basically effortless.I know 495 really isn't ****,but for a guy like me whose bench has always sucked am pretty stoked about learning this shirt and seeing what I can do with it.

Ryano
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
The Super Katana's are like BIG TITS. Everyone likes'em. It will stretch some and you'll probably need to wet it down, leave the collar high, and load it to touch, but once it's dialed in good things happen. Good luck.

mattdunkin
03-20-2009, 05:25 PM
The Super Katana's are like BIG TITS. Everyone likes'em. It will stretch some and you'll probably need to wet it down, leave the collar high, and load it to touch, but once it's dialed in good things happen. Good luck.

Ok,I'll definitely try that next week.Thanks for the help,bro.

Travis Bell
03-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Will u be at the cinci Pro/Am in Aug?

You know it. If Lou lets me, I'll be benching again

Brian Hopper
03-20-2009, 11:03 PM
All right,I tried the shirt out the other night.Working the overnight shift at the so-called gym I do,it has been hard finding reliable training partners, even for bench night.Anyway,none of my usual training partners showed so I recruited a friend of mine to help me out as he came in to do his "workout" and put the shirt on when I got to 405.My bench has always been my worst lift but I am using that as a positive to bring it up and right now after a damn 6 year layoff have finally gotten back to benching 405 raw again-just a little background so bear with me.So,I get 405 down about halfway and it flies right up.Go 455 and it stops a bit lower and right back up.495 the handoff got pretty scary but I did get it to about 3 inches or so from touching and it went up easy as hell.I stopped here seeing how his last handoff went and should have my regular crew in next week so I can really get some decent work in this shirt.I will say the Super Katana gave me more support all the way through to lockout than any of the other shirts I have used making the last few inches basically effortless.I know 495 really isn't ****,but for a guy like me whose bench has always sucked am pretty stoked about learning this shirt and seeing what I can do with it.

Are you using a closed back as well?

mattdunkin
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Are you using a closed back as well?

Yeah,it's a closed back.

Jon Elick
03-21-2009, 01:43 PM

I think Paul was making the generalization that Inzer shirts were superior because more all-time records had been set wearing IAD. I was pointing out the difference. A few years ago, we'd be talking about Karin's being the best gear...

Honestly, I think if Luyando, Kennelly, Fry, Coker, Frankl, and whoever else happened to be sponsored by Titan, then we'd probably make the claim that Titan was better because more records were set in their gear. I think those guys would still be on top no matter who has them in the stable. It just so happens that the gyms these guys lift at are sponsored by Inzer, so of course they are going to be in IAD gear.

vdizenzo
03-21-2009, 02:30 PM
I think Paul was making the generalization that Inzer shirts were superior because more all-time records had been set wearing IAD. I was pointing out the difference. A few years ago, we'd be talking about Karin's being the best gear...

Honestly, I think if Luyando, Kennelly, Fry, Coker, Frankl, and whoever else happened to be sponsored by Titan, then we'd probably make the claim that Titan was better because more records were set in their gear. I think those guys would still be on top no matter who has them in the stable. It just so happens that the gyms these guys lift at are sponsored by Inzer, so of course they are going to be in IAD gear.

I think you're wrong. A lot of guys are in a position where they can pick their sponsor. They chose IAD, IAD did not choose them.

bencher8
03-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I havent heard of Inzer really approaching anyone....once someone got to the level they could be potentially sponsored, they usually go with the equipment company they have had success with before they were sponsored. If that was Inzer, they would go with Inzer, if it was Titan they were using well, then they might go with Titan. I had a choice between Titan an Inzer at one time..I chose to go with Inzer, as I had a lot of success in their shirt. Ken has appoached me before about changing, but Inzer has always been good to me. Others might choose differently...

and regarding Chris's shirt...if he has a single ply chest and doubly ply arms..wouldnt that be considered a double ply shirt? If anything on the shirt is double ply, its a double ply right...its not just what ply the chest panel is, right? Am I right in assuming that Chris' shirt wouldnt be legal in a single ply fed? Just curious..not trying to start anything lol

Ryano
03-21-2009, 03:29 PM
and regarding Chris's shirt...if he has a single ply chest and doubly ply arms..wouldnt that be considered a double ply shirt? If anything on the shirt is double ply, its a double ply right...its not just what ply the chest panel is, right? Am I right in assuming that Chris' shirt wouldnt be legal in a single ply fed? Just curious..not trying to start anything lol

I agree. If it's two ply on anypart, it's a two ply shirt and should be excluded in a single ply fed. But then again, to me it's either gear or no gear. My best lift to date is in a single ply shirt.

mike danforth
03-21-2009, 03:29 PM
anypart of the shirt that is double would make the shirt not legal in a single ply fed.....

Ryano
03-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I think you're wrong. A lot of guys are in a position where they can pick their sponsor. They chose IAD, IAD did not choose them.

Vinny, I still think that those lifters mentioned made the lifts, not the shirts they were wearing. If they were fitted with Titan shirts, they would still hit top numbers. I also respect loyalty to a sponsor and don't expect they would change.

Travis Bell
03-21-2009, 04:34 PM

You mean Mark's shirt?

He competes in both multiply and single ply feds. I know he's training for the Cincy pro am in august here in OH.

I don't think it was ever said that he wears said shirt in USPF, but I do know he's trying shirts constantly testing them and trying to come up with new ideas.

Brian Hopper
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm kinda the same way, I want to try every top shirt each company has out there to see what I like better and what will work. But damn that will be expensive! More then likely I am going to try the SuperKatana single ply first and take it from there.

bencher8
03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I meant Mark..not sure where I got Chris lol I was still tired...

Im not sayin he is usin the shirt in the USPF, I was just curious if it would be considered double ply or single...

WILD BILL
03-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes Marks shirt wouldnt be allowed in a single ply fed. He has his comp shirt which is straight single ply shirt and has 2 others that hes messing with that we are trying to make better.