PDA

View Full Version : Power Runner...

Tom Mutaffis
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Now here is a good machine for conditioning!

It is called a Power Runner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFogoTVvUHw&feature=channel_page

Have only seen these a few places and had the opportunity to try one out today. We had it loaded up with a fair amount of weight (did sets at 160 lbs and 115 lbs) - it really gives your legs a great workout.

I can imagine this would be great for athletes looking to build explosive power and endurance.

Just figured I would put this out there to see if anyone else is using them? And to let everyone know that they are worthwhile if you have access to one...

fpr
03-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I tried something similar to that set-up before but it was actually a leg press machine. It was pretty difficult for me and showed me how much my right leg was lagging behind in strength compared to my left (dominant) leg.

Tom Mutaffis
03-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I have seen some of those independent leg press machines, this one is much tougher as you need to stabilize your core and then really drive your legs (the leg press supports your back and isolates your legs more).

Am curious to see if any of the athletes on here are using the Power Runner?

slashkills
03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Man that thing looks awesome. Ill talk to my coaches, they are looking for suggestions for things to add to the weight room as the school some how came into some money.

Tom Mutaffis
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
It is a pretty cool machine.

If your coaches are looking for equipment I would suggest rubber bumper plates, dragging sleds, and a prowler (awesome piece of equipment as well).

MuscledriverUSA is a good source for bumpers and sleds. The prowler you can get an economy version from Spud, Inc. / Carolina Barbell or the expensive version from EliteFTS. There was also someone who was selling some great dragging sleds on ebay a year or two ago - that is where I picked mine up and it is solid.

slashkills
03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
We have a real nice weight room compared to most schools. Tons of squat racks, benches, various leg presses,machines, tons of bumper plates, and we apparantly just ordered 3 prowlers from someone. My favorite thing in the gym by far is the ground based jammer by hammer strength. Really helped with shoulder and hip strength. I should start using my schools gym more often.

Brian C
05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Thats one killer machine. That has to be a badass burn.

coachjburk
05-20-2009, 06:42 AM
great machine, must have a big budget to make practical
if you had one in your weightroom and had a team of 40+ there would be a lot of waiting to use 1 or 2 of them