PDA

View Full Version : When will I be ready to cut?

ChrisNeander
03-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I have been lifting for about eight months and am nearly at 200 lbs at 6'0 up from 170 lbs. It has not been a very clean bulk and although I do not have a serious gut I have put on quite a bit of fat. I was thinking about starting a cut in a month or so and then starting a clean bulk towards the end of the summer.

Pimpstick
03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd gain 20 more, then cut.

Or, since your new, try a recomp. Eat a maintenance for a while and see what happens. Whenever I do this I end up adding some muscle and losing some fat, though the process is slower.

Brodiesel
03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
when your heart rate hits 200 BPM because of the effort it takes for you to take a dump...or whenever YOU feel you need to cut either for aesthetic or health reasons. Maybe you think you're large enough, basically cut based on your own goals.

given'er
03-17-2009, 09:46 AM
It's totally up to you. But remember the more weight you gain especially if your bulk hasn't been very clean the harder and longer it's going to be to take the weight off.

Scooter
03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
What are your goals? Get stronger, look better? It's a pretty easy answer once you tell us that.

ChrisNeander
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I've decided to just eat maintenance for a while and see what happens with that. It is terribly difficult to cut or have a clean bulk
when you rely on your campus cafeteria for food. I have spent hours on this forum looking over dieting options but I just can't put
together a proper diet with the foods that are readily available.

DaRican
03-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I have the same problem so I hit up the local food store and spend bout 60 a week on my food for the diet. I can only hold so much in my lil frig so I cook sunday and pack them up lol

Mercuryblade
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I've decided to just eat maintenance for a while and see what happens with that. It is terribly difficult to cut or have a clean bulk
when you rely on your campus cafeteria for food. I have spent hours on this forum looking over dieting options but I just can't put
together a proper diet with the foods that are readily available.

In college I stocked my room full of stuff like fruits, baby carrots, bread for sandwiches etc.
Try and fit what's in your dining center into your macro's and then work the rest of your diet with some outside, and inexpensive food.

liftingislife
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I like to gain about 10 lbs higher than my desired weight, and work on cutting from there.

- Greg Lumis :) http://smileyiconz.com/funnysmileygif2.jpg