PDA

View Full Version : help curbing appetite?

ncsuLuke
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Well recently I have basically gone off of any kind of diet and exercise program mainly because I graduated and no longer have free gym access but I am working on that. Anyways I digress, my current lifestyle has left me absolutely starving when I have tried to eat healthy and cut the calories. I have taken "fat burners" in the past to curb my appetite but I can't really justify the price of those things and I am trying to lay off the caffeine as is. So does anyone have any suggestions to help curb my appetite? Ideas I am working on are more fiber (anymore and my stomach will hate me haha), eating more smaller meals, and drinking more water. Any extra help would be appreciated...oh and yes I searched ;) just didn't really find what I was looking for.

beaverfootball
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
how bad were you eating before.. because if you were eating calorie dense foods and coming it at like 3500 calories a day it's going to be hard to switch to the same amount of healthy food that isn't as calorie dense. You can probably eat more than you are eating now.

what works for me? nothing. I'm always hungry. but really its just about anything with lots of P&F. At night I do the ol PB and sugar free jelly with a big protein shake... MMMmmMMMmm. so so full.

given'er
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Well recently I have basically gone off of any kind of diet and exercise program mainly because I graduated and no longer have free gym access but I am working on that. Anyways I digress, my current lifestyle has left me absolutely starving when I have tried to eat healthy and cut the calories. I have taken "fat burners" in the past to curb my appetite but I can't really justify the price of those things and I am trying to lay off the caffeine as is. So does anyone have any suggestions to help curb my appetite? Ideas I am working on are more fiber (anymore and my stomach will hate me haha), eating more smaller meals, and drinking more water. Any extra help would be appreciated...oh and yes I searched ;) just didn't really find what I was looking for.

I think you've pretty much got it figured out. Another thing you can try is drinking green tea. It seems to help with my appetite a bit as well as having some fat burning qualities. Lots of water helps too. But to be honest if your cutting hunger is one of the things you may have to put up with. I've found I have gotten more used to it.

Pimpstick
03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
When I finished grad school, I fell off the wagon for a couple months while I was job hunting (and also lost my free gym membership).

A couple suggestions:
Avoid fast food like the plague. High caloric density, low satiety.
Make sure you're still getting adequate protein.
I would borrow friends id cards to get into the gym while I still lived in the area. This worked at Clemson, not sure about the system at nc state.

miken5254
03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Green vegetables have fiber and leave you feeling full for a relatively low amount of calories. Eat some with every meal and you should stop feeling so hungry.