PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Mix Protein with milk?

whiteman90909
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

At my school it is very hard for me to drink protein out of a shaker because our sinks are too shallow to wash it out, so sometimes I'll let a used shaker/cup sit for a day and the **** dries inside... as I'm sure everyone knows, it gets pretty bad.

Anyway- Is there any problem with getting, say, a half gallon of milk and then throwing like 15 scoops of protein and maybe some choco syrup in and mixing it all up at once? Then I could just kill the milk like I regularly do but there would be protein in it already... I assume it would last the shelf life of the milk, not less, so is there any harm in this?

I love this idea because the thought of being able to pour out a protein shake into a disposable cup, kill it off, and then just throw it out is very appealing to me. I could jack my protein intake waaay up this way... it would also be a convenient pre PT breakfast.

Any inherent problems?

Tom Mutaffis
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
As long as you are mixing this every day then I would not see a problem. If you are talking about mixing the protein and milk up at the start of the week and letting it sit for a few days, you may run into some issues.