PDA

View Full Version : colon cleanse

sandcracker21
03-17-2009, 11:56 AM
not sure where to post this....but has any1 here ever taken a colon cleanse type product?

i want people that actually have taken one to respond more than others that have 'heard' about them and have an opinoin

i am looking to loose my mini gut without cutting calories and therefore loosing muscle potential

Pimpstick
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
You won't here anything positive about them here. My roomate is currently doing a "cleanse diet" (he's an idiot when it comes to nutrition). In 14 days he has lost about 20 lbs. off his bench max, and 30 from his squat max. He's lost 4 pounds total so far.

It won't help you. They are a scam, a very successful scam because some people will do anything people tell them. If you really think you have a digestive disorder and have fecal matter rotting inside you, you need to see a doctor. Drinking lemon juice and cayenne pepper for days will not work (or whatever the hell you're thinking of doing).

Mercuryblade
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
You won't here anything positive about them here. My roomate is currently doing a "cleanse diet" (he's an idiot when it comes to nutrition). In 14 days he has lost about 20 lbs. off his bench max, and 30 from his squat max. He's lost 4 pounds total so far.

It won't help you. They are a scam, a very successful scam because some people will do anything people tell them. If you really think you have a digestive disorder and have fecal matter rotting inside you, you need to see a doctor. Drinking lemon juice and cayenne pepper for days will not work (or whatever the hell you're thinking of doing).

^^What he said.

whiteman90909
03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Get a colon cleansing the old fashioned way.

I'm gonna guess that that mini-gut, however, is fat. Not **** built up in your colon.

VikingWarlord
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Get a colon cleansing the old fashioned way.

A 10 sack of White Castles.

Pimpstick
03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
18 pack of beer and a jumbo can of refried beans.

Mercuryblade
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
18 pack of beer and a jumbo can of refried beans.

If you've actually tried that, and survived. I am amazed.

twm
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
http://healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/colonblow_2.png

zen
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
drink a half gallon of apple cider in one hour and you'll be doing the tubgirl in no time

Pimpstick
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
drink a half gallon of apple cider in one hour and you'll be doing the tubgirl in no time

link?

sandcracker21
03-18-2009, 08:52 AM
hahaha well it might be time to go on a cut then..... even though i really dont want to, summer is a' coming

ColdBlue
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Get some fiber supplements. Start eating cereal high and fiber, take supplements too and you'll crap fat longs for weeks and then you'll be good to go.

whiteman90909
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM
link?

I think that's just some terrible anecdotal evidence.

liftingislife
03-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I personally haven't, but I know two ppl who have. Both had very negative things to say about it.

- Greg Lumis :) http://smileyiconz.com/funnysmileygif2.jpg

VikingWarlord
03-18-2009, 07:41 PM

I was just hoping he wasn't actually wanting a link to Tubgirl.

Hwyman
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I was just yelling at a friend of mine about this subject this last weekend. All this crazy talk about things clinging to your colon and building up over the years is total BS. The colon is a self-cleansing organ that sheds its internal lining. Anything that would be "clingy" would find itself floating away and being thrown out with the rest of the trash. Now that's not to say the colon doesn't get impacted sometimes. I'm told this is incredibly painful as well as deadly. I'm sure you would know if it was happening to you. (Hint: Seek medical attention ASAP instead of posting here!)

Don't play with your colon...it's nasty.

PS: Trying to post some supporting links but my message count isn't high enough. Just google for it.

zen
03-19-2009, 07:54 AM

try it:ninja:

anonymous1
03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
If still interested, try doing a search on the username Holto with related keywords. Better yet, pm him.

The responses here are correct under circumstances where all the bases are covered as far as digestive health is concerned. That said, there are an unknown large number of people who don't take care of their digestive health in ways they may not realize. You might be one of them.

It's late and I'd need to do some refresher research to give 100% accurate advice so just look up Holto. He knows more than I do anyway.

motor head
03-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I heard somewhere that not eating for like 3 days cleans you out... just water.

As far as the guy that said a gallon of cider, heat it up first... hot cider, oh my god dont leave the house. I stopped and got a cup of that on the road once. Im glad I didn't pass any cops on the way home. You never knew an Econoline 250 could take the curves like that!

sandcracker21
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I heard somewhere that not eating for like 3 days cleans you out... just water.

As far as the guy that said a gallon of cider, heat it up first... hot cider, oh my god dont leave the house. I stopped and got a cup of that on the road once. Im glad I didn't pass any cops on the way home. You never knew an Econoline 250 could take the curves like that!

hahahahahahahahah:clap:

rhymenocerous
04-01-2009, 09:34 AM
youll just temporarily lose water weight and then immediately gain it back after the cleanse is done.

Joeyjoejoejr
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Complete scam.

harryvp
06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I wanna tell people my experience about colon cleanse. I have reduced my weight and up to three inches from my waistline in a week. It is really amazing

LuNa
06-13-2009, 12:47 AM
I wanna tell people my experience about colon cleanse. I have reduced my weight and up to three inches from my waistline in a week. It is really amazing

I doubt it. How do you measure up to three inches anyways? You sound more like an advertisement (which you are, i am not an idiot) than real experience.

blownby
06-15-2009, 07:27 AM
I'd say spammer...look at the sig...he is touting every miracle cure a person needs. :drooling: ....Just missing the purple pill in that list! LOL :hump:

Mr. Mustard
06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
http://healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/colonblow_2.png

Amazing!

xomatosis
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Never listen to someone who advertises colon cleanser and teeth cleaner!

:moon:

Mr. Mustard
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Harry sucks.

fitnhealthydad
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
The human digestive system contains billions of living bacteria. Many of them are detrimental to your intestinal health and are a direct result of the modern-age processed foods we eat. However, many of them are actually good bacteria that are vital to the digestive process as they assist in the breaking-down of waste. If you're interested in the details of digestive micro-biology, there are a great many qualifiedreference sources available (in other words, not fad-diet books or internet scams). But the long and short of it is that if you're concerned about your digestive health, the best thing you can do for yourself is to introduce foods to your diet that will continually replace the good bacteria in your gut. Probiotic-rich foods such as yogurt and sauerkraut, to name a couple, will help balance out your digestive tract.

Also, keep in mind that good digestive health is key for getting the most out of the high-protein diet most lifters are on. All the best and healthiest food in the world isn't going to do squat if your body isn't properly using it.

Forget about the quick-fix scams like colon-cleansing and focus instead on achieving optimal digestive function through proper diet.