PDA

View Full Version : celiac disease...

nlloyd
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I need help putting together a celiac disease diet for an average person. Any ideas on recipes, meal plans, web sites that have a lot of information, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

VikingWarlord
03-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Head over to www.beyondlowcarb.net and check around. A couple of the members there actually have Celiac and can probably be a lot of help.

manowar669
03-18-2009, 10:58 AM
The paleo diet is by default, gluten-free. Lots of info at http://www.thepaleodiet.com/.
Everything I've been reading over the last 20 years leads me to truly believe that humans should not eat grains, beans, or potatoes, PERIOD. None of these things existed 10,000 years ago.

VikingWarlord
03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I believe you mean they weren't cultivated. All of those things still existed in various forms.

Whuditdew
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I do the paleo diet because I'm gluten intolerant. Make sure to get carbs from fruits/seeds and to keep up the calories, which is hard without sandwiches, bagels, and oatmeal. This diet has seemed to make me much more lean and still able to put on weight. I get no gas, or bloating like other people report on the average weight lifting diet.