PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Smoke

syntekz
04-14-2001, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know if marijuana smoke reduces the testoterone level in males?

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2001, 08:48 AM
Most likely.

the doc
04-14-2001, 09:53 AM
very hard to say. some animal studies have indicated this. However, these are not anywhere near sufficient to answer the question. Since in the us we have these rediculous restrictions prohibiting even doing any research on cannabis, the question has not even been effectively studied.

Call your congressman and tell him to support the lifting of restrictions on cannabis research.

Its just plain ignorant... sorry if i'm ranting.

beercan
04-14-2001, 03:01 PM
It increases the happy level in me.

Chronic users have up to a 40% decrease....

Smoking a few times a month will do nothing but give you a good time.

Podium Kreatin
04-14-2001, 04:01 PM
i still can't understand why ppl poison themselves for fun. i say don't use it at all, and have ur test stay the same.
i think it does decrease test, as well as increase estrogen levels. plus, after a short metabolism spike, metabolism goes down WWAAAYYY down.
if u r going to use it, know the consequences b4 u get urself into deep trouble.

Joe Black
04-14-2001, 04:06 PM
I won't lie, I like to smoke weed, although I chose not to....

It makes me lazy, and is counter productive towards many things in my life right now..

Work, training, dieting and my social life (yeah i have one !!)

Not sure on the test levels things.

I do know it makes me want to lie on the sofa and eat doritos :D

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2001, 06:23 PM
I haven't had any decent experiences with drugs other than alcohol, and i've even packed that in.

04-14-2001, 06:46 PM
Do they even grow weed in britain? :p

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-14-2001, 07:09 PM
Yes, lots. But non of the stuff that you're on about.

body
04-14-2001, 07:11 PM
avatar - there is a large importation trade of cannabis

Shaggy
04-15-2001, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Yes, lots. But non of the stuff that you're on about.

You reckon.... :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-15-2001, 05:24 AM
Yes, well...we don't need to know about your 'greenhouse' eh shag?

Buff
04-16-2001, 08:59 PM
maybe that's why my biceps are so mini

beercan
04-17-2001, 05:38 AM
And your dick. :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-17-2001, 07:47 AM
Er...and how do you know about the size of his reproductive and waste excretory organ?

Bam Bam
04-17-2001, 07:28 PM
i used to smoke a bang of Mota!

alot of my buddies were football players and big as hell and smoked everyday

i noticed memory lapses to the point of forgeting my freinds names

havnt touched the **** in 3 yrs

RisingPhoenix
04-17-2001, 09:50 PM
I did some back in my freshman days...
actually that was only two years ago...hehe... :D

I'm never gonna touch the stuff again though.

syntekz
04-18-2001, 08:35 PM
There was actually a little blirb about this topic in the newest Ironman. The study they talked about found that marjiuana smoke does not affect testosterone levels, but just that since smoking marijuana makes people tired/lazy. It probably isn't a good idea for people who workout regularly.

I think we all already knew that though, right?

lid6662
06-29-2003, 08:31 PM
I just smoke after workouts! It does make me conentrate better sometimes when i skateboard!
:D

AdamGberg
06-29-2003, 08:55 PM
weed in moderation isn't gonna be very harmful...but some people that are predisposed to becomming addicted to "stuff" i.e. alcoholism in family history, MAY enjoy smoking weed so much that they rather be stoned then not...i have a friend who says he isn't addicted..he smokes a few times a day, just as if it were ciggarettes..

WestyHeadbanger
06-30-2003, 04:58 AM
I have heard that it can create impotence problems.

I have a friend that smokes everyday and he has become such a moody whiner that either his test is down or his est is right up. Either way it's annoying.

funkenstein
06-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Ive been smoking weed for a couple of years and had no side affects or anything go wrong except its made me a better person if anything. Actually pot doesnt slow down your metabloism, it speeds it up, check out www.erowid.org and www.overgrow.com some good sites and read up about the real facts. I dont believe it causes impotence either because i dont no problems at all in that area, and if weed did that i would be screwed then.

kimpy225
06-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by lid6662
I just smoke after workouts! It does make me conentrate better sometimes when i skateboard!
:D

wowie! what a first post! :rolleyes:

drugs=bad!

Riggs
06-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Supposedly the whole weed lowers test thing was just crap the government put out.

Personally, I smoke every now and then and I have not noticed any adverse effects. I dont think weed is bad, as its effects are minimal compared to alcohol or even cigarettes. The only problem is you never know where your money is going to and with all this terrorism, thats big.

AdamGberg
06-30-2003, 02:35 PM
arnold is smoking a *blunt at the end of pumping iron...the end

*i think it is a blunt (filled with our friend marry jane), not a cigar, not positive...

Saint Patrick
06-30-2003, 05:15 PM
A 2-year thread bump! I think that's some kind of WBB record.

VitalRemains
06-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Weed is mmmm mmm good!

Ritzol
06-30-2003, 05:31 PM
I'd much rather drink than smoke....

I don't ever want to see or smell that **** again for the rest of my life.

Rastaman
06-30-2003, 05:34 PM
I used to be a harsh pothead when I was a teenager. Then I grew up. ;) I'm just messin. My brother still smokes once in awhile and he's 32. Personally, I find it dulls my mind for days after smoking. Since I need and prefer my mind to be sharp, I rarely smoke anymore. When I do smoke on that rare occasion though (usually a house party), its usually a pretty good time.

Saint Patrick
06-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Riggs
The only problem is you never know where your money is going to and with all this terrorism, thats big.

That's just more propoganda put out by the government to use scare tactics to try to get people to stop smoking weed.

Marijuana does not support Terrorism. I'd love for anyone to show me one shred of proof that any money spent on marijuana supports terrorism. It's a bunch of bullsh!t.

ThreeD
07-01-2003, 12:47 AM
never tried pot, never will ;) I stick to the good ol Absolut!

Spiderman
07-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Personally, I like White Widow, now there's some good ****. Pack some keif on top of that and you got yourself one helluva bowl. :D :D

zwarrior99
07-01-2003, 07:42 AM
WOW this thread is old .....

kimpy225
07-01-2003, 10:11 AM
UGH
i never realize that threads are bumped
lol
oh well

Riggs
07-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick

That's just more propoganda put out by the government to use scare tactics to try to get people to stop smoking weed.

Marijuana does not support Terrorism. I'd love for anyone to show me one shred of proof that any money spent on marijuana supports terrorism. It's a bunch of bullsh!t.

To be fair, show me it doesn't.

If terrorists like Osama can run muslim charities right under our noses I dont think you can easily count out marijuana.

Also, I refer to terrorism as any terrorism, not just in the Middle East sense as I think you are assuming.

restless
07-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick

Actually, not that I think this is a relevant argument against the use of drugs but I've seen with my eyes money going straight from the hands of the street joint smoker into the hands of members of a well known spanish terrorist organization. Due to the illegal status of drugs, these end up being used by such people to support their actions in many countries. Of course, using petrol also supports terrorism, so.....

nismodreams
07-02-2003, 02:13 PM
marijuana and terrorism?? lol thats funny!!

as for smokin up, tried it heavy summer of 99...havent touched the stuff in years...tho i hang around with friends that smoke almost everyday...not my type of drug...

restless
07-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Anything turned into a profitable illegal activity is a potential source of income for illegal organizations. Pretty obvious isn't it?

Riggs
07-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Since he is from Canada he probably is limiting his view to only marijuana grown there.

AdamGberg
07-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by restless
Anything turned into a profitable illegal activity is a potential source of income for illegal organizations. Pretty obvious isn't it?

legalize it here in america, tax it...tons of money for the goverment and lots of new jobs for everyone!:rolleyes:

alcohol has its legal place in society so why can't marijuana?

nismodreams
07-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by restless

agree but not all illegal organizations are terrorists....if you're gonna give terrorism such a broad definition...oh my!

Dkm911
07-02-2003, 07:26 PM
haha i cant believe the tools that actually believe it lowers test. First of all the only claim that was ever made was that it increases estrogen levels which is not the case.

Lox
07-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Maybe you should just make the terrorists smoke the pot. Then they'd get lazy and not feel like blowing **** up.

I highly doubt that stopping the buying and selling of marijuana would have any adverse affects on the amount of terrorism.

I smoke pot quite a bit. More than I should I suppose. But I am not really a fat lazy stoner who can't think. It may increase estrogen levels I honestly don't know. The only downside I could really see is the munchies. if your bulking and munch on clean good foods then it seems alright. Its just the doritos and twinkies that are soooo good when your high that are a problem.

restless
07-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by nismodreams

agree but not all illegal organizations are terrorists....if you're gonna give terrorism such a broad definition...oh my!

No, but in this case I was specifically talking about members of ETA, the spanish terrorist prganization which are full blown terrorists. I gave them a lot of money and as my friends did.

Dkm911
07-04-2003, 01:43 AM
oh well, if the gov is so worried about money getting into the hands of terrorist from weed, theres an easy alternative the government can legalize it and then they can be the ones making a profit.