PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream/Milkshakes bad for you?

snikez
03-20-2009, 07:38 PM
I know ice cream and other foods like that have a lot of calories, which is probably why people see it as a food that makes people fat. But if you control your calories and have ice cream as part of your diet sometimes, is that still a bad decision because of the sugar it has in it? I know fat is stored when you eat an excess of calories and your body has no need for them, so would it be okay if I ate ice cream but made sure I didn't get any unneeded calories?

VikingWarlord
03-20-2009, 07:41 PM
If it fits in your macros, eat it.

snikez
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
If it fits in your macros, eat it.

I don't use macros though. It is difficult because I'm still in school and eat lunch food. And I don't get to eat all of the same things every day, which makes it harder to calculate. All I do is make sure I get enough protein lol.

liftingislife
03-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Milkshakes are great for building mass for me. Tastes great, and has protein and carbs. But it's also sugar packed.. so I suppose that's t he catch.

- Greg Lumis :) http://smileyiconz.com/funnysmileygif2.jpg

Pete22
03-20-2009, 08:56 PM
At 16 and 154lbs, I suspect your metabolism is fast as hell. Ice cream and milkshakes occasionally won't make you fat, you'll be fine. Unless your milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard, then you've got problems.