PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

TUEFELHUNDEN
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Check it out. Picked it up last week at 1/2 price. Mine is actually white/blue and it's great. Once the weather gets better I'll be commuting to work daily but I've been on a couple 20 mi. rides and it's great. My first Tri is in about 2 months so I'm hitting it hard so I'm pumped!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/TUEFELHUNDEN/Cross-Comp.png

aaron_c
03-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Sweet- my dad bought a Parkpre for like $100 several years ago when a shop a couple hours away suddenly went out of business. Apparently they are normally like $500 and up for a full bike or something, but I don't know much about bikes, other than that's the only one I've ever not been able to break. Anyway, nice bike, good luck with it!

tomv
03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Beautiful looking bike mate, I'm more in to mountain bikes for the time being but when the cash flow starts increasing I'd love to get a nice road bike. Good luck with your training!

anonymous1
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM
How far of a commute?

slashkills
03-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Sweet dude! im more into bmx style bikes

VikingWarlord
03-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I wish it was practical for me to ride to work or I'd consider picking up a bike.

teeroy
03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I wish it was practical for me to ride to work or I'd consider picking up a bike.

Me too, but I typically jump on a plane and fly to my work so a bike wouldn't work too well. Sure would be nice, though. Help the environment and my GPP.

TUEFELHUNDEN
03-23-2009, 06:36 AM
How far of a commute?

8-1/2-9 miles each way. It's a great route too. It's all country roads with some great elevation changes which are great training.

J.C.
03-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Me too, but I typically jump on a plane and fly to my work so a bike wouldn't work too well. Sure would be nice, though. Help the environment and my GPP.

What do you do?

Davey
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
I thought about riding my bike to work or school but I get way too sweaty. I would have to take a shower in the gym on campus.

Mercuryblade
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I work 2.2 miles from my residence.

The father of someone at my sister's church was shot dead right outside a corner grocery store I pass everyday, on his bike. No thanks.

TUEFELHUNDEN
03-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought about riding my bike to work or school but I get way too sweaty. I would have to take a shower in the gym on campus.

I know what you mean. I have to bring a backpack with all of my clothes for the office and a towel and deodorant and I can't imagine what it'll be like in July when its 90 and 100% humidity lol. If it was easy everyone would do it.

The thing I think is funny is the overweight guys in the shop or office who look at me like I'm the crazy one when I throw my bike helmet on to ride home. :moon:

VikingWarlord
03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I work 2.2 miles from my residence.

The father of someone at my sister's church was shot dead right outside a corner grocery store I pass everyday, on his bike. No thanks.

I live 6 miles from work but I would have to pass through one of the busiest intersections in the state. Alternatively, I could go a back way which would be about 10 miles. Not a plus when you're pressed for time.

TUEFELHUNDEN
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
I live 6 miles from work but I would have to pass through one of the busiest intersections in the state. Alternatively, I could go a back way which would be about 10 miles. Not a plus when you're pressed for time.

Deff. I am fortunate that I work in a town of about 7k people so it's pretty mild. I might pass 5 cars on the country roads in the AM and a dozen in the evening. It's sweet.

tomv
03-23-2009, 06:36 PM
8-1/2-9 miles each way. It's a great route too. It's all country roads with some great elevation changes which are great training.

Sounds like the perfect ride to start or finish the day man, nice and relaxing but with elevations if you really want to push yourself. Good luck with your commuting!

Mercuryblade
03-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Deff. I am fortunate that I work in a town of about 7k people so it's pretty mild. I might pass 5 cars on the country roads in the AM and a dozen in the evening. It's sweet.

That sounds like a great relaxing way to end the day.

Joe Black
03-24-2009, 05:36 AM
sweet!!!

I bought one of these bad boys about 6 months ago and have ridden it like twice. After reading this I am determined to get out on it a good 3 times a week!!!!

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/images/products/Xtra/17377.jpg

tomv
03-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Now THAT'S my kind of bike! I don't actually know that much about mountain biking yet but that bad boy looks supreme anyway. Do you do much cycling Dan?

Joe Black
03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Nope!

I live like a 10 min cycle from work and I drive every day so i wanted to just leave the car at home and seize the opportunity to exercise.

There are some cool rides not far from Cambridge where I live though so I may well explore!

tomv
03-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Haha yeah I bought myself a MTB too and have ended up using it for commuting mainly =(. How much did your shiny bike set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?

tomv
03-25-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/gt%20avalanche%203%20disc%2007.jpg

That's my baby there but in white instead of black/grey whatever that is. She ain't much but she's mine and she gets me around for now! When I get a decent job I want to look in to getting a roadbike and a dually... A boy can dream.

Joe Black
03-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Tomv that looks sweet!

Mind set me back about 500, so about $800.

tomv
03-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Ah really? Yeah it's about 1050$ (AUD) for me, looks like it's worth every penny (or cent, details details). Your big beefy frame rolling on that I'm sure you wouldn't have too many dick pedestrians getting in your way haha.

I rode home tonight (takes about 20-30 minutes) in a fairly consistent rainfall haha, drenched to the bone when I got to the door but it's more interesting then driving a car right?

BTW I haven't asked in a while (and don't mean to hi-jack the thread, feel free to respond via PM if that's more appropriate) but does ALN have any stockists in Australia yet? Now more then ever I'm on the hunt for a quality protein supp but I can't afford to ship in from another country =(.

Joe Black
03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
ha ha, I'm not sure I would chose the bike over a car in the pouring rain though :) That's hardcore!

Check out this thread :) - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2111885

Tom Mutaffis
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I used to work at a bicycle shop, in fact it was my first job in high school and was there for about 4 years. We carried Fuji and I have to say that they are a very good bike for the price - they are well made, good components, and reasonable price.

Just picked up a bike maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Was on sale at sports authority, just a mid range Diamondback to use for some cardio and maybe light trail riding. Couldn't pass up the deal and had been looking for a bike for a while. I used to dirt jump and race BMX when I was younger.

tomv
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
That's a wicked blue man, hope you get to smash some trails with it!

samadhi_smiles
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
nice TomV! that thing looks sweet :)

I ride a giant but it has so many parts replaced on it over the years its basically just the original frame.

I just upgrade my brakes and shifters to XTR a few months ago I'm so in love with those things :D

shredding really fast down a tight singletrack is one of the best feelings. I love when the plants blur I get going so fast.

tomv
04-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Haha yeah sadly I haven't been able to do much trail riding yet, still trying to find a consistent group to go out with. Primarily pedalling the pavement but that's still fun nonetheless!

anonymous1
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM

You are awesome.