PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Chalk

Andre518
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I was looking into getting some chalk to help out on my DL. But were not allowed to use it at Golds Gym so I seen a chalk ball that seemed cool on elitefts.com but I can find it now. I just found Liquid Chalk(http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=114&m=PD&pid=1008) I was wondering if anyone here has used it and what you thought of it compared to regular chalk.

vdizenzo
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I have never used that brand, but I have had great experiences with other liquid chalk products. Fortunately I train in my basement now when I am not at the pl gym. I used to have to train at a commercial gym once in a while. Give it a chance and let us know how it works for you.

shutUpAndSquat
11-21-2009, 05:47 AM
i also want to try liquid chalk. Anybody knows how long does it last? how often do you have to apply it? before every lift?

Travis Bell
11-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Biggest problem I had was the sprayer gets clogged up.

Auburn
11-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Yeah, even if you soak the sprayer in water overnight it'll eventually be clogged up before the end of your next workout. You can just take off the top and pour some out, but I wasted a lot doing that. It works okay, but I now don't believe in supporting a gym that doesn't allow chalk.

It does work pretty well, though. Depends on the exercise you're doing, load, and rest time between sets as far as having to apply before each set.

mdschultze
11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Find a new gym!!!

shawno
11-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I've used liquid chalk, but not the spray bottle variety. It was a small squeeze bottle. You squeeze several drops into your hand, then start rubbing in both - then start waving & flapping your hands to dry it out. I had to apply it for each lift. Purchased from a mountain climbing store. Definitely not as good as regular chalk, but it's better than no chalk at all.