PDA

View Full Version : Heres my carb cycle plan, fitday included, and meals. Insight?

slick
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok, floating around an even 200lbs now after my bulk to nearly 210 from 180 (August to beginning of March) I have done research on carb cycling, read articles, and decided to go with the advice from http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=811783 to follow my carb cycling phase.

Using the Basal Metabolic Rate calculation I am at 2855.02 calories per day, subtract 20% and my caloric decrease is down to 2283.98.

I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday available to work out.

I will be using a High, Moderate, and Low carb day cycle. Which is where I am looking for advice.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/slickcav/fitday2-1.jpg
My college has a 3 meals per day meal plan:

Breakfast I have access to : omelets, scrambled eggs, granola, all types of bagels, 2% and Skim milks, and they have pancakes and all that crap too.

Lunch and Dinner I have access to: grilled chicken, salads, chicken wraps (made to order), rice and chicken stir fry dishes (made to order), milk, granola, yogurt, potatoes, veggies.

My high carb day calculates to : 312g carbs
My moderate carb day comes to : 250g carbs
And the low carb day comes to: 187.5g carbs.

What foods can I add/subtract to reach my high carb/mod carb/ and low carb days based on the type of foods I have available. I also have access to canned tuna, pbj, blender for shakes when i want to.

My plan is to mix one scoop of Nitrean in before and after meals to have more "meals" per say, being that we are only provided breakfast, lunch, and dinner here.

But my general problem is knowledge deficit as to what I can eat cleanly to get those carbs up and down in the ranges needed, without going over calories.

From T-nation article:

Meal 1 (upon waking up): Carbs + protein meal

Meal 2 (10:00) Carbs, protein, and green veggies

Meal 3 (12:30): Protein, fat, and green veggies

Meal 4 (15:30): Protein, fat, and green veggies

Meal 5 (Post-workout, around 18:00): Protein and carb drink

Meal 6 (21:00): Carbs + protein meal

Brodiesel
03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
you might want to drop the carbs a bit on your low day

slick
03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
well based on the calculations that t-nation has set up, your carb intake on a moderate day should be 1.25x lb body weight. So 1.25x197 is 250 ish, your high carb day says 125% of your moderate days carbs, and low carb day 75% of your moderate day carbs.

I thought they seemed a little high.. what do you suggest?

borobulker
03-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I dont know much about the T-nation set-up but if you were modeling it after a Troponin (Harris) set-up, your numbers are too low on high day and too high on low day. You want a high day to be HIGH. I would say, at least 350-400 (if not higher) on high days.

You want your body to sense changes, this is where the benefits come. May want to consider picking up Shelby's new carb cycling book on EFS...

slick
03-27-2009, 09:04 AM
anyone please?

Built
03-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Honestly, I just do high and low days. At the same average calories, with lean mass at, what - 165 lbs and training four days a week, you could try something like this:

Average daily macros:
232g of protein,
90g of fat, and
141g of carbohydrate,
2,300 calories in total.

(4) Lifting/HIIT days:
248g of protein,
83g of fat, and
171g of carbohydrate,
2,418 calories in total.

(3) Rest/SS Cardio days:
211g of protein,
100g of fat, and
100g of carbohydrate,
2,142 calories in total.

Train on the high days, rest or do steady state cardio (read: walk) on the rest days. I'd ditch AM carbs unless you're training in the AM - OR unless you feel comfortable that way. Target your starches to the meal before and the meal or two after you train. Take creatine with the carb on lifting days, just take it in water on the rest days.

Get in 25g fibre a day and I'd recommend ditching most of the shakes - you'll likely feel more fed on solid food while cutting.

I'd also suggest 10g fish oil daily.

Good luck! You got a workout plan?

twm
03-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Built, did you pick 100g carbs/fat arbitrarily or is that what youve found makes you feel good whilst cutting on rest days??

slick
03-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Honestly, I just do high and low days. At the same average calories, with lean mass at, what - 165 lbs and training four days a week, you could try something like this:

Average daily macros:
232g of protein,
90g of fat, and
141g of carbohydrate,
2,300 calories in total.

(4) Lifting/HIIT days:
248g of protein,
83g of fat, and
171g of carbohydrate,
2,418 calories in total.

(3) Rest/SS Cardio days:
211g of protein,
100g of fat, and
100g of carbohydrate,
2,142 calories in total.

Train on the high days, rest or do steady state cardio (read: walk) on the rest days. I'd ditch AM carbs unless you're training in the AM - OR unless you feel comfortable that way. Target your starches to the meal before and the meal or two after you train. Take creatine with the carb on lifting days, just take it in water on the rest days.

Get in 25g fibre a day and I'd recommend ditching most of the shakes - you'll likely feel more fed on solid food while cutting.

I'd also suggest 10g fish oil daily.

Good luck! You got a workout plan?

great thanks so much for your help, I will start on monday!, i have fish oil capsules (1000mg) that I take almost 3 times a day if i remember. Separate the shakes to just protein mixed with my drink during my meals?

I follow WBB1.1 with somethings added or removed that I find to be better for myself.

Built
03-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, it was arbitrary. I usually think "over a hundred" / "under a hundred" for the high and low carb days. I find fats satiating so I like to push those up on the low days, but that's me - some folks like to change these figures to accommodate their differently-affected satiety signals. What I've offered is just a possibility. Another option would be to go a LOT higher on the lifting days and a LOT lower on the "low" days.