PDA

View Full Version : New Bench Shirt Pain

majefski82
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
so yesterdy i used my super katana for the first time and it was pretty painful and today i have a lot of pain around my elbows i know that i do need to break the shirt in but is the pain a normal thing

Brian C
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
What do you mean by pretty painful? Where exactly were you feeling the pain during training?

Travis Bell
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
If you have red marks/scratches, it's from those, otherwise you may have messed your elbows up some

majefski82
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
there are all the normal scratches and all that but my elbows feel like they are bruised but there is no visible bruise plus if they are sitting steel and tighten up it is more painful then when they are loosened up the pain is on the inside of the elbow

Travis Bell
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Ice and anti inflams

majefski82
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
i did forget to mention the pain is definately from the sleeves squezsing around my elbows just want to make sure it isnt anything major seeing if it is normal

WILD BILL
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
i did forget to mention the pain is definately from the sleeves squezsing around my elbows just want to make sure it isnt anything major seeing if it is normal

Is the sleeve passed ur elbow or is it behind the elbow? Are u rolling the sleeves? I cant think of anyone at ST that has had this problem.

scott rowe
03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
i still have pain in my biceps and elbows from the shirt squeezing so hard. stretch the sleeves out a bit and try it again. just had it on third time and was better. are you forcing trying to touch to soon also that could put stress on elbows.

majefski82
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I def did force it to touch on my first time with the shirt .....i thought you were suppose to force it to touch to break it in is this not so........also i was able to get the sleeve just past the elbow but there is some slack there where it almost looks like a fold in the sleeves right at the elbows on the inside

scott rowe
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
the shirt is just tight u will be fine. stretch it out.

Brian C
03-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Pinched a nerve a bit. It happens. Like was said a little stretching of the sleeves and you'll be good

Ryano
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
If the sleeves are to long(long enough they are rolled under),you can trim them down so that the sleeve is just above the elbow, no more. That will make the opening bigger, without any stretching it out.

KarstenDD
03-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Soak the shirt.

Brian Hopper
03-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Besides the pain, how do you like the shirt?

majefski82
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
i liked the shirt off the bottom i just need a lot more work to get my groove with it......couple more questions when you say soke it just place it water and let it dry.........when you say if sleeves are too long cut them do you mean take it to like a tailor and have them take some off or something else

scott rowe
03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
i would leave the sleeves along if u only had it on once. pull the sleeves up to get the crease out of it. soak the sleeves in hot water then put in on to train. i like to break the shirt in with boards, a few weeks at three, then 2, then one see if elbow pain goes away.

KarstenDD
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
i liked the shirt off the bottom i just need a lot more work to get my groove with it......couple more questions when you say soke it just place it water and let it dry.........when you say if sleeves are too long cut them do you mean take it to like a tailor and have them take some off or something else

When I say soak the shirt I mean soak it when you get to the gym, let it sit, then put it on and bench when the time comes.