PDA

View Full Version : Need help gaining weight

Ed.
03-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I need to put on about ten pounds but don't want to do so by eating just crap food. Since working out and knowing what is in most of the things I eat, trying to scraf down doughnuts or Butterfingers would be almost impossible anyway.

I am thinking of doing it at night when I go to bed and was hoping there was a mix of something I could take like a higher fat, higher protien mix. I do have Muscle Milk I purchased on sale. Should I try and take that?

I worry about gaining weight and it all going to my stomach but really need to put some on. I've become too lean.

TIA

Pimpstick
03-28-2009, 08:29 AM
I'll make it easy for you.

1) Buy healthy food.
2) Cook a lot of it.
3) Pick up utensils.
4) Eat it till you can't eat more.

I just crapped out like 10 pounds a few minutes ago. Be a man and eat; it's not hard.

Pete22
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
If you want to gain weight, eat more. If you don't want to eat crap, then just eat more quality foods like steak, chicken, fish and good carb sources. You can supplement this with a weight gainer shake of some kind, but eating more is the most important. How many calories are you getting in now?

VikingWarlord
03-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Lean or skinny? Huge difference between the two.

Everyone else is going to say what these two did. Eat more + train hard = gain weight.

Kal el
03-29-2009, 06:18 AM
the guys have pretty much said it mate.
If you want to gain weight try this simple sum
Bodyweight in lbs x 15 = the amount of calories you need to consume each day in order to gain weight
Split these calories into six meals and consume complex carbs and proteins stay away from the crap eat healthy and train heard and you will gain quality weight.

Beast20
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
everyone here has pretty much said it all....eat EAT EAT EAT! steak, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, oatmeal, tuna, whole grain rice, bread, sweat potatoes, green vegetables, water, crap loads of water. muslce milk is crap. if u want to use a gainer, go with something like smart gainer by ids, or sometihng by ON. but the majority of ur cals should come from whole foods.

samadhi_smiles
04-01-2009, 08:20 AM
if you EAT EAT EAT and don't TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN then you'll just end up a fat ass.

Xellarz
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
the guys have pretty much said it mate.
If you want to gain weight try this simple sum
Bodyweight in lbs x 15 = the amount of calories you need to consume each day in order to gain weight
Split these calories into six meals and consume complex carbs and proteins stay away from the crap eat healthy and train heard and you will gain quality weight.

Don't use a formula like this, though. It varies SO much per person that you may end up losing weight by only eating BWx15 in calories...Right now I'm eating closer to BWx25 and I'm barely putting on any fat.

MadScientist
04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Follow the plan!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122819

High Fat, Protein, moderate carbs, low saturated fat, high fiber!

Also, hardboil 2 dozen eggs a day. Eat only 1 yolk per 6 whites