PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on VS Athletics Weightlifting Shoes

geoffsherman
03-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I am looking for feedback on the VS atheltics weightlifting shoe (http://www.vsathletics.com/product.php?xProd=1301). I am a raw lifter and have heard that a shoe with a slight heel like this will make iteasier to hit depth on squats as well as assisting in shifting the weight more to your glutes and hamstrings. I have been using Puma soccer shoes with a flat sole. I spoke with someone atthe gym who had a similar type of shoe and he said that he uses these for all of his lifts (deadlifts, bench, and assistance). I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on these shoes and whether they make a difference in your lifting and if they are worth the money.

Also, how long did it take you to get used to squatting and deadlifting in them?

evilxxx
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Those look nice...I can see myself squatting in something like that but I don't think I wanna be higher off the ground to deadlift...

Eric Downey
03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
one of my training partners uses them. she loves them and has had them for years

ZenMonkey
03-30-2009, 07:30 AM
I believe they are older, retagged do-wins.

Tom Mutaffis
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Deadlifting might take some time to adjust to the elevated heel. For squats they will improve range of motion immediately and are very stable. If you are looking for powerlifting shoes you might want to just get some chucks for squatting and slippers or wrestling shoes for deadlift; the VS shoes are good for a close stance squatter or someone who may do overhead pressing, olympic lifts, etc.

They are a good value and are well made. Zen is correct that the VS are a re-tagged copy of the older Do-win's. The biggest negative that I have heard is that the heel is too high; as it is a bit higher than many other OLY shoes including the Adidas which are probably the most popular.

I do recommend these shoes, but not to someone who is looking to just improve their power lifts.

Andre518
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I was looking at Inzer Pillar shoes (http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=PILLAR_SHOE) has anyone used these if what are you thoughts. Right now I do my squats and DL in chucks but was thinking of getting a pair of these sometime in the future.

brad cikana
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
they are good shoes if you are a narrow stance squatter. They take some time to get used to though, and I wouldnt reccommend deadlifting with them, as they will tilt you forward.

Jim Slade
04-03-2009, 05:19 AM
I just got a pair of Do-Wins, which are the same sort of thing and I'm very happy with them when squatting, it's a lot easier to keep the knees out coming back up when wearing them. Not so good for deadlifts though due to the heel, unless you go sumo as these things will glue you down to the floor. Worth the money I reckon for the improved squat.

BFGUITAR
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Deadlifting might take some time to adjust to the elevated heel. For squats they will improve range of motion immediately and are very stable. If you are looking for powerlifting shoes you might want to just get some chucks for squatting and slippers or wrestling shoes for deadlift; the VS shoes are good for a close stance squatter or someone who may do overhead pressing, olympic lifts, etc.

They are a good value and are well made. Zen is correct that the VS are a re-tagged copy of the older Do-win's. The biggest negative that I have heard is that the heel is too high; as it is a bit higher than many other OLY shoes including the Adidas which are probably the most popular.

I do recommend these shoes, but not to someone who is looking to just improve their power lifts.

Your posts are incredibly informative!