PDA

View Full Version : Elbow pain

Andre518
03-29-2009, 07:37 PM
I have been feeling some slight pain in my left elbow when I squat and do good morning. I was wondering if it could be because of the angle that I hold bar. For both lifts I keep my hand right outside of my shoulders. I was feeling a lot pain in my right elbow when I was doing laying french curls so I switched to using a cybex for a while and the pain went away. Now I have it my left from these two lifts. I've been taking joint support for a while but its not really helping any suggestions I how to fix this problem before it get worst and before I have to take time off from the working out. Thanks guys!

Tom Mutaffis
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
How high are you keeping your elbows? Maybe try bringing them down so that they are closer to your sides and you can then lock in a little more tightly on the bar. This way you will not be supporting a lot of weight with your arms.

It may seem a little difficult to visualize, but basically just try not to rotate your elbows upwards in those lifts.

Andre518
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
My elbows are a little under or about shoulder height. Today I tried keeping my hands out farther on the bar and it helped a little but towards the end of my sets I started feeling pain in them again. Thanks for the tip I will give that a try on my next squat day. I also have been noticing what seem to me like a little bit of a muscle cramp in my elbow at time through out the day is this something to be concerned with? It does not hurt or anything it just stiffens up a little bit and once I move my arm around a bit it goes away I just worry about getting tendentious or something along those lines that will put my out of training for a while.