PDA

View Full Version : Advice unracking weight?

Cricket_Fire
03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey all

I've been having loads of trouble unracking weight lately. I get all set up, arch hard, squeeze upper back, and try and keep elbows under the bar. However, as soon as I start unracking, I seem to lose it all; low back stays arched, but thats about it. My elbows shoot up, mid-back caves in, and I just can't keep tight.

I started practicing today as if I'm in a monolift (I have to walk out in training, but will be competeing in a monolift).

Anyone have any tips? Or anything to suggest haha

Thanks,
Keenan

Lones Green
03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
There was a pretty good article on EFS Jason Pegg wrote that sounds like just what you're looking for.

=Travis=
03-30-2009, 03:13 PM
There was a pretty good article on EFS Jason Pegg wrote that sounds like just what you're looking for.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/monolifting.htm

Good article

MarcusWild
03-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Here's what I've noticed that I do. When I walk out a weight, my feet are further back. I unrack with the weight on the balls of my feet so I can walk back with hit. In a mono, I have to get my feet further under me so the weight is in my heels when I unrack. It makes a huge difference in the ability to hold the arch. So try making sure your feet are far enough under you.

Cricket_Fire
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks everyone :)

That article is great; I'm gonna have to print a couple paragraphs of that and bring it to the gym with me lol

Cheers all