PDA

View Full Version : Sam Byrd Squat 1060? @ ironman 3-28-09

SoreFoot8343
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXSLp9nv52o

Brian Hopper
03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Awesome squat!!! Those are good numbers.

Travis Bell
03-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he told me it was 1050, but either way it was a crazy fast squat.

Sam it was good seeing you compete again. Hopefully school won't get so busy that you have to put meets aside all together for awhile.

On a side note, one thing I noticed this weekend was your bench has really improved! You're really figuring out that shirt. All your attempts were super fast

chris mason
03-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Sam is a great guy! I am glad he was back on the platform.

MarcusWild
03-31-2009, 12:41 AM
That was fast. Was that his third or did he try something heavier and miss?

Bako Lifter
03-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Byrd is one of my favorites, he's a ****ing beast.

Lones Green
03-31-2009, 03:17 AM
Sam is a funny guy and strong as balls. Should've heard some of the stuff he was saying as we were trying to get his briefs off, haha

I also heard him ask someone for a handoff in the bathroom while standing at a urinal with his shirt on, LOL

Eric Downey
03-31-2009, 05:24 AM
good work sam. see you in a few weeks

Big_Byrd52
03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the video Dana, it was good to see u again after so long.

Yes the weight was 1060 on a third. I opened with 1030 and got crushed because i got on my toes in the hole. took it again on second and was still pretty rough but it came up that time. This was my first time in gear since the Aug pro/am and there is a big difference from adjusting to my narrow raw squat out to find my geared wide stance. It took me till my third attempt to get comfortable with foot placement and set up.

It prolly didnt help that i was also a little sore from squatting 800 raw that weds too. here is the link to that: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122954

Thanks Travis on the bench. I havent done anything for it, but the shirt was a little looser and it allowed to touch easier. i think that made all the difference in that i didnt have to get all out of position forcing it to touch. it felt good tho and i was definately pleased with it despite missing my 2nd and 3rds. the weight felt light, i just need some practice with grooving it.

My DL had the same set up problems as the squat. i pull conventional raw and couldnt get comfortable with the sumo stance. had my feet too close and i knew it but tried to pull it out anyways. i just got bound up at the top and couldnt finish it out.

It was good seein everyone again and really helped light a fire in me to compete again. Three more weeks and ill have all summer to train for the IPA.

Big_Byrd52
03-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Sam is a funny guy and strong as balls. Should've heard some of the stuff he was saying as we were trying to get his briefs off, haha

I also heard him ask someone for a handoff in the bathroom while standing at a urinal with his shirt on, LOL

dude i got a 2 inch thick blood ring around both my quads from the leg openings! im waddling like a damn penguin across campus to keep my legs from rubbing the skin off!

1400total
03-31-2009, 07:38 AM
awesome lifting

Lones Green
03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
dude i got a 2 inch thick blood ring around both my quads from the leg openings! im waddling like a damn penguin across campus to keep my legs from rubbing the skin off!

I was wondering what was going on with your deadlift Sam, they all looked nice and fast but at the last inch or so of the lockout something wasn't right.

Those were the tightest briefs I've ever seen on someone, haha. I think there were four of us trying to get them off of you and how many times did you have to sit down and take a break? LOL

Big_Byrd52
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
I was wondering what was going on with your deadlift Sam, they all looked nice and fast but at the last inch or so of the lockout something wasn't right.

Those were the tightest briefs I've ever seen on someone, haha. I think there were four of us trying to get them off of you and how many times did you have to sit down and take a break? LOL

haha they went on easy with no probs, my legs were just so pumped by the time i was done. that was rediculous! i ve never had that much trouble getting them off before-- including when i put on a pair that took me over an hour to get into while bouncing my crotch on a bench bar to work it up! haha they came off easier than those did sat! im sure it was a sight to watch, i was whinin like i a lil bia! haha

MarcusWild
03-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't get how freaks like Sam can not train in gear for months, then throw on gear and handle the extra 200+ lbs you get from it. It seems like that'd be a lot of the CNS to handle. It's amazing.

SoreFoot8343
03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Sam looked absoutly amazing at ironman. both in his lifting and physique! Hey Sam it was great to see you too. I missed ya. Hope to see you at nationals in may?

chris mason
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't get how freaks like Sam can not train in gear for months, then throw on gear and handle the extra 200+ lbs you get from it. It seems like that'd be a lot of the CNS to handle. It's amazing.

You called it... he is a strength phenom.

bald bull
03-31-2009, 09:34 PM
that was easy as ****>

Big_Byrd52
04-01-2009, 06:13 AM

I dont understand how people can get in it every week and NOT kill their CNS? besides, i hate to hassle with getting it on and off...