PDA

View Full Version : Farmers walk implements

Andre518
03-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks to whotime I now have the directions to make my own farmer Walk Implements to use outside soon. But being that Im not that crafty I was wondering if this does not work out well for me. What would be the difference from using a set of farmer walk implements or buying two 5' barbells from walmart and using them instead?

vdizenzo
03-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Get two tricep bars. That's what I use. You can buy them for around $30 each. Just be careful not to drop them when running forward as they are not solid and can break.

Tom Mutaffis
03-31-2009, 07:26 AM
Vincent has a good idea for an economical fix, though using the curl bars would be different training than using a farmers walk implement. A bar revolves, and therefore will be much more difficult to grip as it will try to roll out of your hands.

You can purchase a set of well made farmers handles from pitbull equipment for under $100 including shipping. I have them and have loaded them over 300 lbs without any problems.

Another option would just be to do farmers walk with heavy fixed dumbells. In most areas you can find a gym with 150 lbs dumbells which would work well for this.