PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent help sorting out my diet please help.

vallumlj
03-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Hi everywhere i new here.

I have just started the stronglifts 5x5 program and really need some help sorting my diet out.

I don't eat fish or salad and i don't like cold meat apart from ham in my sandwiches.

I read other posts and see i need to try and get a lot of protein in my diet and try to eat six times a day. I currently drive a lot for my job so i can't cook anything while i am out. Ideally it would be good if i could take something with me or buy something from a takeaway.

I was thinking about having something like this

Breakfast 8.00 Oaks Porriage or Scrambled eggs and a glass of orange juice.
10.30 Protein shake
12.00 Either ham sandwich, chesse sandwich, or a jacket potato with beans.
Would a burger with cheese be ok for lunch ?
2.00 Stuck here could i have a yogurt and fruit or something else a pint of milk.
5.00 Dinner Pasta with chicken , steak with jacket potato , steak with a few wedges , Spaghetti Bolagnase, pasta and baked beans and cheese. Plain rice and chicken.

Then i'm stuck with what i should eat in the evening as a snack.

I am going shopping today so would be good if you could give me a good idea what to buy.

I was planning to buy chicken , steak , rice , potatoes, Eggs, fat free natural yogurts, Milk. What are the protein snack bars like ? would they be a good item to buy.

Where should i add fruit and vegtable to this.

Thanks any help would be good.

MadScientist
03-31-2009, 07:31 AM
You should eat more in the morning. Whats your height weight BF%?
Eat protein bars, or just drink tons of 1% milk.

vallumlj
03-31-2009, 09:17 AM
I am 6ft with Bf of 27%

Should i have a protein shake with my breakfast.

I have just bought some fat free yogurts with have 6.9grams of protein in would they be good as a snack.

Thanks

Tom Mutaffis
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
The whole foods diet that you have decided on sounds good. Yogurt is not all that good for you if you are talking about the flavored ones.

Your goal should be to eat 1 gram of protein per day, high fiber, moderate/low fats, low glycemic index carbs, and smaller meals so that it is easier on your stomach.

Some good foods include:
- Fish (White fish and Salmon)
- Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Steak
- Lean Ground Beef (93%+ lean)
- Skim Milk
- Nuts
- Vegetables
- Fruit for pre-workout or breakfast.
- Whole grain or whole wheat breads and pasta.
- Protein Shakes.

Do not mix fat and carbs in the same meal. Focus on high fiber carbs that digest slowly such as sweet potatoes and brown rice. Also do not eat carbohydrates after about 7:00 PM. You can have a protein shake every night before bed to be sure that your body is well fed. I would look for a protein blend shake that offers high biological value proteins - the company that supports this forum has a protein called Nitrean that is great for dieting. Nitrean is a mix of whey, egg, and casein protein and so it is effectively "time released" in that they all break down at different rates. This protein was picked as the "favorite protein" by Men's Health magazine and is known for digestability, mixability, and flavoring - along with quality.

It will take about 3-4 weeks before you start to notice any real changes from your diet but with discipline you will start to see some great progress. Also make sure that you are well hydrated and drinking about a gallon of water per day to assist with the digestion of all of this food.

vallumlj
03-31-2009, 10:15 AM
1g of protein each day. So one of those yogurts which has 6.9 grams in each one would be far to much. Did you mean 100g.

MadScientist
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
I would think he meant 1g/lb of bodyweight at the very least. Shoot for 1.5-2.

But, I think we are missing the biggest item here. What is your goal? Bulk or Cut, or Recomp?

mcdonough9395
03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah its atleast 1g of protien per pound of bodywieght. So if you weigh 200 lbs you want to get ATLEAST 200 grams of protien a day. And cottage cheese is a great snack for the evening.

VikingWarlord
03-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Do not mix fat and carbs in the same meal...Also do not eat carbohydrates after about 7:00 PM.

Et tu, Tom?

I really wish I knew where this came from because neither part of that makes any sense from a physiological perspective.