PDA

View Full Version : Wraps - Knees and wrists?

Detard
03-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey guys. So its finally time for me to invest in some solid wraps, and not just bum off other guy's stuff. In the knee wraps, i'm looking for something that will give me some poundage out of them. I have training partners that can help me wrap them nice and tight, so the thicker the better I guess. But not too stiff for my experience levl. I have a 440 squat in gear.

In the wrist wraps, i'm just looking for something to give me support in my wrists. Nothing too too thick and heavy. I have a 303 bench in a shirt.

I posted my stats just so you guys know my experience level, which might decide which wraps will be best for me. I've browsed some of the other threads, and gathered that the convicts might be a good choice.

Thanks guys

-Dan

SELK
03-31-2009, 08:47 AM
I like the convicts for both knee wraps and wrist wraps. They have tons of support. I wouldn't worry about getting to strong of a knee/wrist wrap, even a 200lbs bencher could use convicts just fine, you can control the tightness of them. I have strangulator knee and wrist wraps as well, they are good, but not quite the support of the convicts for me.

I also have a pair of 'the wrap' knee wraps, so far I prefer the convicts.

Cricket_Fire
03-31-2009, 09:31 AM
My only real experience is between 2.5m convicts and 2m Inzer's - it's not even close haha, the convicts are awsome

Brian Hopper
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I Really like the ZRV's from APT. They are pretty soft and not to thick, but you can also crank them down pretty hard and its easy to crank down.

Detard
03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys. I may go with the convicts. Is there a canadian distributor? I get destroyed on border taxes when i order from elite.

Pete22
03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
I use the strangulator wrist wraps for my raw stuff (getting convicts for shirted) and I like them a lot, they're stiff but still comfortable. I just got some convict knee wraps, and they are stiff as hell but I get some nice pop out of the hole with them.

DrDudley-Robey
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
APT ZRV's are a great middle of the road wrap, I have used them for a couple years with great results.

Hazerboy
04-01-2009, 08:24 PM
i bench 285 raw and my upcoming meet allows wrist wraps. should i expect any poundage increase from using them?

Brian Hopper
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
i bench 285 raw and my upcoming meet allows wrist wraps. should i expect any poundage increase from using them?

I don't know about any weight increase, but it will make you feel more comfortable and supportive. Well, for me at least!!!

brad cikana
04-02-2009, 01:00 AM
I like the True Black wraps.

Reko
04-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I highly suggest convicts for wrist wraps, and either the black reapers or the ZRV wraps for the knees. Its going to be a personal preference, and having convicts around my knees is a little much, but the other two are nice (reapers being the stiffer of the two)

Reko
04-02-2009, 06:51 AM

They will if they help you keep your wrists straighter.