PDA

View Full Version : anybody try apt's new "The wrap"

endymion88
03-31-2009, 12:15 PM
they made a new knee wraps and i need a new set of wraps and it'd be between these, metal blacks, or convicts? any opinions?

Reko
03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
what is your experience level? What have you used before?

endymion88
03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
experience level is three years 475 raw boxsquat paralell no wraps, 675 deadlift wearing a nxg titan centurian, and a bench that isn't relevent to this, i'm not worried about the pain i just want the most rebound out of the hole, umm bodyweight 198 if that helps.

i've used black mambas which are pretty soft with no discomfort unless you crank them but that's all i've used for wraps. i'm really just curious how all these rate in comparison to eachother.

Travis Bell
03-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Reko is getting at the fact that hitting depth in certain wraps is a little harder for guys who haven't used more advanced wraps before.

I'd probably stick with something a little less crazy before going for those wraps.

Reko
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Yea, Ben Moore here has a pair of "the wrap" for wrist wraps, and I can't imagine very many people squatting in knees wrapped in those. I like the black reapers from APT, which are similar to the metal all blacks. The convicts are a little stiffer than the reapers or all blacks, and "the wrap" is multple times stiffer than the convicts.

I wouldn't reccomend "the wrap" for knee wraps.

Lones Green
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
No way I'd use those things for knee wraps. I have a pair of wrist wraps that work well for me because I have a tendancy to let my wrists bend backward, but knee wraps would be unbelievably painful.

Eric Downey
03-31-2009, 04:02 PM
jesse uses the 3x knee wrap. there stiff as hell. i use the 2x wrist wrap only for heavy benching. there great but not for the faint of heart

SELK
03-31-2009, 04:03 PM
They are not painful - because you need seriously 2-3 people to get them tight.

I have a pair of 3m 'The wrap 3x' knee wraps, I perfer my convicts just due to the fact I can get them on so much tighter. One day I will find a crew of guys to help me with my knee wraps and give the 3x's a go. Im getting around 60lbs out of my convicts now I think.

Eric Downey
03-31-2009, 10:55 PM
They are not painful - because you need seriously 2-3 people to get them tight.

I have a pair of 3m 'The wrap 3x' knee wraps, I perfer my convicts just due to the fact I can get them on so much tighter. One day I will find a crew of guys to help me with my knee wraps and give the 3x's a go. Im getting around 60lbs out of my convicts now I think.

i can get them tight

SELK
03-31-2009, 11:29 PM
i need some stronger training partners! haha

Ive yet to match the # of rotations I can get with the convicts.

endymion88
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
alright thanks guys sorry i haven't replied sooner but i haven't been on. i'll steer clear of the wrap for now atleast and either get a few pairs of convicts or the convict strangulator hybrids.