PDA

View Full Version : bench supplement work

bald bull
03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I want to start working my back and rear delt more yo up my raw bench and was wondering if face pulls are good and what do they work? Also what are some other good power movements for rear delts.

Pete22
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Face pulls are good, they work your rear dealts, external rotators (usually neglected), and traps a little bit. For direct rear delt work, face pulls, reverse peck deck, and band pull-aparts are all good. For your upper back you want to do rows of all kinds and chins (ex. DB rows, BB rows, chest-supported rows, pullups, chins, etc).

bald bull
03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks bro what are band pull aparts> I have monster minis and light bands
Face pulls are good, they work your rear dealts, external rotators (usually neglected), and traps a little bit. For direct rear delt work, face pulls, reverse peck deck, and band pull-aparts are all good. For your upper back you want to do rows of all kinds and chins (ex. DB rows, BB rows, chest-supported rows, pullups, chins, etc).

Pete22
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Band pull-aparts.
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=33907&tid=101

Bako Lifter
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Didn't you get a little manual of all the different things you could do with bands when you bought them?

Face pulls are cool, I do them every once in a while.

Tom Mutaffis
03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Face pulls are more for prehab but they are a good movement. Will help to keep your shoulders healthy.

I have seen some guys do a variation that was more of a row - might be something to try. Take a triceps rope and set it up on a low pulley. Do a low pulley row but as you row you spread the rope and try to bring the cable up to your chin. These will smoke your traps and you don't need to use much weight. Will also help your posture, can keep you from rolling your shoulders forward.

Have done band pull-aparts in the past and if you do them right you will need to keep your hands pretty far apart otherwise you start to cheat. I was doing them with mini's I think.

geoffsherman
03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Scarecrows, hands down the best rear delt movement...

bald bull
03-31-2009, 03:48 PM
what is a scarecrow movement?

bald bull
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Ya but i am at work and dont wanna wait till i get home LOL

Didn't you get a little manual of all the different things you could do with bands when you bought them?

Face pulls are cool, I do them every once in a while.