PDA

View Full Version : BLOCK PARTY at ST, 675lb pull off 4in blocks w/ 120lbs chains (795lbs at lockout)

WILD BILL
04-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I beat Jackass by a full plate, needless to say I was stoked. Even Hoss hasnt pulled this off blocks. Now If I can just get this off the floor I'll have something.

rKZ8qYV-tvE

Lones Green
04-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Nice work Treston. Looking forward to seeing what kind of damage you can do in a meet.

Invain
04-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice pull. That looks like a badass gym btw.

endymion88
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
would a chain supported rack pull be any different than pulling off blocks? it seems they both allow a little free'r of movement.

Chris Rodgers
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Nice pull Treston. Block pulling champ, lol!

I wish they had squats against bands contests...I rock at those. We need to create our own meet using bands and chains. :strong:

WILD BILL
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
would a chain supported rack pull be any different than pulling off blocks? it seems they both allow a little free'r of movement.

I dont know. I know I like these better then rack pulls cause the bar is straight all the way across and not bending like a rack pull.

Nice pull. That looks like a badass gym btw.

Thanks man, the gym is great. Huge and we have just about everything u would need.

Nice work Treston. Looking forward to seeing what kind of damage you can do in a meet.

Thanks man, next meet is May 24 at Super Training. Im shooting for 900/650/725 for a 2275lb total

Nice pull Treston. Block pulling champ, lol!

I wish they had squats against bands contests...I rock at those. We need to create our own meet using bands and chains. :strong:

LOL Mark said nice job treston, I have the bench, hoss has the squat and you have the block pull! If only mine counted in a meet lol.

We were thinking of have a meet called if u aint cheating u aint trying. Would be a Reverse Band Squat, 2board bench and Reverse Band Deadlift.

I think this would be a fun a** meet.

SGT ROCK
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
First off....awesome work brother! I dig the blocks that you have, much better than stacking pieces of 2x4 on top of each other, I need to get our team a set up like that, did you make that yourself?

To answer a couple of other questions on this thread, I agree with Bill that the block pulls are better than a rack pull. You get the normal bar bend that cannot be duplicated in a rack pull and is very important to get used to. Block pulls are a "truer" pull than a rack pull.

I enjoy your teams videos very much, the most entertaining videos on this entire site without question, please keep them coming!

In addition, there are so many squat and bench vids out there, it is good to see a top notch team continually putting out quality dl vids for everyone to see and for many to learn from.

I do not know what your top pull is, but continue the hard work your doing and keep hitting big block numbers and you will smash the 800 barrier soon.

Semper Fi

Travis Bell
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Holy crap, that is a serious block pull Treston. Nice work

Brian C
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Simply impressive

Pete22
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
You're such a block head, awesome pulling Treston.

WILD BILL
04-01-2009, 08:09 PM
First off....awesome work brother! I dig the blocks that you have, much better than stacking pieces of 2x4 on top of each other, I need to get our team a set up like that, did you make that yourself?

To answer a couple of other questions on this thread, I agree with Bill that the block pulls are better than a rack pull. You get the normal bar bend that cannot be duplicated in a rack pull and is very important to get used to. Block pulls are a "truer" pull than a rack pull.

I enjoy your teams videos very much, the most entertaining videos on this entire site without question, please keep them coming!

In addition, there are so many squat and bench vids out there, it is good to see a top notch team continually putting out quality dl vids for everyone to see and for many to learn from.

I do not know what your top pull is, but continue the hard work your doing and keep hitting big block numbers and you will smash the 800 barrier soon.

Semper Fi

No I didnt make them but a guy on our team did. Im glad all of WBB like the vids that we put up. We know how boring vids can get so we always try to keep the laughs cumn. I pulled 725 off the floor 2wks. My best in a meet though is 683lbs back on Dec6th and pulled 710lbs in a meet March 1st but they said I didnt lock it. All in all my dead has increased 42lbs or so in 4 months.

Holy crap, that is a serious block pull Treston. Nice work

Thanks Travis, u better be at the Pro/Am in Cinci where I hope to pull 800lbs

Simply impressive

Thanks Man

You're such a block head, awesome pulling Treston.

HAHA Block head nice. Thanks Pete

Brian Hopper
04-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Awesome PULL!

brad cikana
04-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I actually pull more from the floor than with blocks that height. It's hard to get leg drive in that position. I guess it would make sense for me to do these more.