PDA

View Full Version : hitting point for titan super katana a/s

majefski82
04-02-2009, 12:23 AM
just wondering been messing around with it a bit and wondering what the optimum aiming place is for this shirt

DrDudley-Robey
04-02-2009, 12:47 AM
The Super Kitana A/S is a great shirt however it is best for serious arched benchers - an inch or two below the bottom of the sternum. Remember this is just a guide though, everyone has a different sweet spot, it will take some trial and error. Have good spotters in the begining and mabye try board progression to get usto the shirt 3bd, 2bd, 1bd then to chest. Just remember to keep your elbows under the bar. Now go set ome new PR's

WILD BILL
04-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I have no idea what Dr Dudley is talking about. Jackass-800lb bencher, Big Roy-800lb bencher, Scott "Hoss" Cartwright-661lb bencher, Juan John-600lb bencher and myself 630lb bencher all from Super Training and all wear the Super Katana and NONE I repeat NONE of us have a serious let alone even a good arch when we bench in those shirts. Jackass, Roy, Juan and Hoss are flat back NO ARCH whatsoever when they bench and I have a very small arch. And yes we all wear the A/S shirt.

The Super Katana is not made for serious archers, its made for large men mainly. If u can get it to work for yourself and your 200lbs great but the shirt is generally for people that are over 220lbs who like the feel of a closed back shirt but like being able to jack it like an open back.

majefski82
04-02-2009, 02:31 AM
wild bill what is the normal touching point with all of you guys that different are close to the same

WILD BILL
04-02-2009, 02:46 AM
wild bill what is the normal touching point with all of you guys that different are close to the same

I would say about 2-3in below where it says Katana on the shirt. When I touch im about 2-3in above my belt so pretty low. That goes for most of us.

Ryano
04-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I think the optimal touch point is dependant on how you have the shirt adjusted and the weight on the bar.

Pete22
04-02-2009, 06:30 AM
I don't have much of an arch and I wear an A/S. I touch right around the IPF logo or upper abs.

DrDudley-Robey
04-04-2009, 05:22 AM
I have no idea what Dr Dudley is talking about. Jackass-800lb bencher, Big Roy-800lb bencher, Scott "Hoss" Cartwright-661lb bencher, Juan John-600lb bencher and myself 630lb bencher all from Super Training and all wear the Super Katana and NONE I repeat NONE of us have a serious let alone even a good arch when we bench in those shirts. Jackass, Roy, Juan and Hoss are flat back NO ARCH whatsoever when they bench and I have a very small arch. And yes we all wear the A/S shirt.

The Super Katana is not made for serious archers, its made for large men mainly. If u can get it to work for yourself and your 200lbs great but the shirt is generally for people that are over 220lbs who like the feel of a closed back shirt but like being able to jack it like an open back.

I know the ST guys (Very nice guys, Great lifters) and what you are not taking into account is the fact that those guys are going to hit the same location- an inch or two below the bottom of the sternum as an arched bencher due to the size of their bencher bellys! Most people are not built that size so when asking about a shirt you give what the shirt is made for not how a pro lifter is using it.

The Titan Super Kitana comes in 2 styles S/S for flat backed benchers and the A/S for arched benchers, this is stated right on Titan's website. It comes in a large range of sizes and is not made just for people Mark, Scott and Roy's size or they would not sell very many of them!

I have had great success in Kitana's at 165/181 lb's including multiple records and a Bronze Medal at last years GPC World Championship in England. My coach James "Priest" Burdette at 198 has won 2 WABDL world championships and set multiple records in the Kitana also.

I hope this makes clear my previous post.