PDA

View Full Version : Notice to J. Kellum about COT

Big_Byrd52
04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Jesse, i would ask how things are goin, but ive seen ur squat vids and everything is clearly going well. I want to thank you for respecting my lifting enough to feel the need to call me out for the Clash of Titans meet. I have admired ur lifting career for a long time and feels good to be acknowledged by someone who i have aspired to contend with.

That being said, i am going to have to pull out of the COT meet. I hate to back out after committing, but i have a lot of things on my plate right now im trying to juggle and i thought i would be able to handle it. The reason i realized that i cant do it is because i am still in school finishing my BS, and the comp is the last weekend of classes before finals and i finally graduate. Two of my classes shifted the exam dates so that now, in addition to my three term papers due that final week, i have exams bracketing the weekend on both Friday and Monday.

It has been difficult to put my passion on the backburners, but i have to keep my priorities in check. As much as i want to compete with you and Brandon Cass, my grades come first. Ive been accepted to law school this fall, but i still have to keep my grades up this last semester to keep my scholarship.

I still plan on competing in a raw meet at some point this summer though. Maybe if your training cycle permits we can meet up head to head as intended. If not not, i wish you the best at the COT, and know that i will be right behind you gunnin for your total somewhere, so set the bar high.

Travis Bell
04-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Much respect for that Sam. Least I know who to call if I ever need a lawyer! LOL

Good luck in school. There will always be another meet down the road

Eric Downey
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Ill SEE JESSE TONIGHT. IM SURE HE WILL UNDERSTAND. GOOD LUCK SAM

vdizenzo
04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Sam, you are a class act. So is Jesse. You guys both show a lot of respect for one another. That is very cool.

Congrats on the law school scholarship Sam. That's quite an accomplishment.

Rob Luyando
04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
backing out of a meet? WTF? LOL! Sounds like a lot of lifters can learn a lot from Sam putting priorities in order. Good luck on your exams.

Brian Hopper
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Congrats on LAW School, Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! How many laywers can you say can squat 1,100lbs@220, just one!!!!

Beast Genetics
04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
WOW, class act!!! Good luck on your exams.

DrDudley-Robey
04-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Good luck on your exams. I know how hard it is to compete and go to graduate school, but I am sure you will excel at both. Keep up the great work!

Lones Green
04-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I admire you, Sam. You have your priorities in order for sure. Can't wait to see what kind of damage you do after you graduate. Hopefully it will slow down a bit, I think you deserve some time off LOL