PDA

View Full Version : help

fearless
04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
my father had a quad-bypass 2 years ago and and lapband surgery in august......the band makes his stomach smaller making him be able to eat less food....when he eats to much he pukes that the way it works.....I've been having trouble finding healthy foods that he can eat.....bread expands in his stomach so no bread and his stomach turns down chicken so no chicken.....alot of tuna, chili, beans, fruit he can eat i think.....some ideas for healthy food would be great..

thankyou,

pat

MadScientist
04-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Lots of chocolate

lynnlynn7
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
my father had a quad-bypass 2 years ago and and lapband surgery in august......the band makes his stomach smaller making him be able to eat less food....when he eats to much he pukes that the way it works.....I've been having trouble finding healthy foods that he can eat.....bread expands in his stomach so no bread and his stomach turns down chicken so no chicken.....alot of tuna, chili, beans, fruit he can eat i think.....some ideas for healthy food would be great..

thankyou,

pat

Fruit, tuna and beans are healthy. What about other lean pork or beef if chicken isn't an option. How about some fresh veggies in addition to the fruit?

Pimpstick
04-06-2009, 07:29 AM
We need more information. Is he obese? How is his cholesteral?

I'd suggest eggs, but if his cholersteral is through the roof, then those are out. Beans are a great suggestion. Lean red meat is also good. Ground turkey is also very healthy (and cheap).

thankyou,

pat

MadScientist
04-06-2009, 09:30 AM
If he lost the weight and is healthy and not obese anymore, have them remove the band, or adjust it so he can eat food.

Sounds like torture though.

fearless
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
it sux......had some ground turkey and mixed boiled veggies last night....worke dout well...thnx alot:)....im gunna try some lean red meats next week....i dont recommend the lap band though...its an awsome idea but to just stop eating alot of food is harder than it seems

Pimpstick
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
there's a really good/easy ground turkey chili recipe in the recipes section. You should try it out.

MadScientist
04-07-2009, 03:26 PM
hard boiled egg whites - good ol fashion protein

rhodes588
04-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Oatmeal, eggs, beef.. there's a lot he could eat.

Tom Mutaffis
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Guys... please only respond in this thread if you have information specific to gastric bypass surgery. I was very close with someone who went through this exact surgery and it is very tough on them. They are limited because many foods will not digest propery and also cause indigestion (spicey foods are out, a lot of dairy is out, sweets will go against what they are trying to accomplish, etc.)

My advice is to do some research online for articles on this actual surgery and also to check some of the weight loss forums that are out there where the members have gone through similar procedures. There is plenty of information around as this became popular about 5 years ago.

From my personal experience my friend who had the surgery would eat ice pops, protein bars, small protein shakes, fruit, small portions of lean meats, fish, natural peanut butter, etc.

Hope this helps and I wish your Father the best of luck with his recovery.