PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Potatoe Fries

Beast20
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I came up with this little recipe for sweet potatoes cause i dont really like them baked or mashed. let me know what u think, worked really wellfor me i love em, altho they are a little spicey....

1-2 sweet potatoes- boil 8-12 minutes

Cut potatoes into wedges or rounds

Place on baking sheet or aluminum foil

rub about 1-2 tbs of olive oil on both sides of potatoes

dust with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder/or garlic salt whatever you have ....

broil til browned or cooked to ur liking

I used to eat this every day with a pound of ground beef and zuccinni... amazing!!

manowar669
04-06-2009, 05:24 AM
I just cut them into fries, toss them in oil and chuck them in the oven. I don't boil them first (it takes forever). Usually though, I just cut them up and toss them in a skillet with coconut oil for frying.

Beast20
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
sounds a lot easier than boiliing them, i just did cause i figured theyd come out hard but ill give it a try next time, coconut oil is pretty healthy right?

samadhi_smiles
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
coconut oil is a unique fat, a medium chain fat. Look it up...some interesting things the body can do with medium chain fats.

Its very healthy.

samadhi_smiles
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I just cut them into fries, toss them in oil and chuck them in the oven. I don't boil them first (it takes forever). Usually though, I just cut them up and toss them in a skillet with coconut oil for frying.

thats how I do them, then sprinkle salt and cayenne on them. They go good with this sauce: mayo, cocktail sauce, wasabi sauce (mix those together like 60% mayo, 30% cocktail sauce, and 10% wasabi sauce). YUM!

given'er
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I cut them up into about 1/4 inch slices, sprinkle some cinnimon on them throw them into the oven for about 20min......simple and yummy.

drew
04-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I cut them up into about 1/4 inch slices, sprinkle some cinnimon on them throw them into the oven for about 20min......simple and yummy.

Try adding nutmeg too. This is how I always cook mine.

samadhi_smiles
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I love eating these things. I have been eating a few chunks of sweet potato now during the day as nearly my only carbs. They're just so healthy feeling.

eazy_e_6901
05-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Try adding nutmeg too. This is how I always cook mine.

thought i was the only one