PDA

View Full Version : My Girlfriend's Powerlifting Debut - Bench Only

Tom Mutaffis
04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
So my girlfriend was at the gym at her college, Florida Atlantic University about a week and a half ago and she saw a poster for a "powerlifting competition" that was being held that night.

She figured that it might be fun and decided to enter the contest. Weighed in at 92 lbs and lifted in the 115 lbs weight class, unequipped.

1st Attempt: 95 lbs - Easy opener
2nd Attempt: 105 lbs - Good lift

Brittney decided to stop there because the other female lifter (higher weight class) maxed at 105 lbs. She told me that she could have probably done another 10 lbs or so.

Took home a trophy for first place in the weight class and best lifter for the Female division. She won a "Intrmural Champion" t-shirt, Met-RX t-shirt, and a box of protein bars. The shirts were of course size XL so she gave them to me.

I thought it was pretty cool and she said that a few of her friends saw her in the school newpaper. Guess now if I decide to do a powerlifting meet I'll have a good training partner :)

Painzer
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Wait, so you are hyoooge, and your GF is 92 pounds? LOL. Awesome! Congrats to her though! A BW bench is pretty awesome for a girl!

Brian C
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Thats really cool Tom. Id love to have my wife train with me. Shes just a cardio nut though. Plus a free T for you is always a plus

evilxxx
04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Awesome!!! I actually seen guys at the gym that cant do a body weight bench but they still pose in front of the mirrors like they are IFBB pro's hahaha

TUEFELHUNDEN
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I love free T-shirts!!!

JK LOL. That is great Tom. She should be very proud. I know many men who cannot claim a BW+ lift.

Lones Green
04-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice!!

slashkills
04-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Thats Awesome!

TheVrolok
04-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Pretty awesome that she easily put up her bodyweight. I've gotta ask, how tall is she?

vdizenzo
04-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Very cool and a great lift. Congrats to your girl. My wife is entertaining competing this summer.

lil' power
04-07-2009, 05:38 AM
We like more girls into Powerlifting....give her a big congrats from us girls! At 92 lbs she could break some records too.

jmccown
04-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Wait, so you are hyoooge, and your GF is 92 pounds? LOL. Awesome! Congrats to her though! A BW bench is pretty awesome for a girl!

Bet he carries her like a six-pack :)

Tom Mutaffis
04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone - she actually used to compete in Women's Tri Fitness (obstacle course, shuttle run, figure contest, bench press, etc.) but had to stop due to ankle problems.

Brittney tried to get me to go running with her one day and I made it about 200 meters and then was pretty gassed cause she was basically sprinting. She goes "I turned around and you were a half mile behind me.. what happened" and so I replied "I weigh two and a half times what you do..."

DrDudley-Robey
04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Come to the darkside - Powerlifting is calling :evillaugh: