PDA

View Full Version : Losing Some Fat

Power Bob
04-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm a Masters lifter who competes in the 148s. My usual weight is around 158. I drop weight to compete but it's always a hassle. I'd like to lose about four pounds of fat (mostly located around my waist) without it affecting my strength or muscle size. I figure dropping from 154 to 148.8 would be a snap with no residual affect on my lifting on meet day. Most of the guys who compete in the 165s are around 180 normally, so just lifting as a 165-pounder is not an option for me.

Any tips on how to drop four pounds of fat over the next month? I've been told that cardio interferes with workouts and overall strength.

vdizenzo
04-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Just clean up your diet a bit. Cutting a few calories a day will take that weight off slowly where you should not miss it. It's hard to make many suggestions without knowing more. Check out the diet section of this forum. It is very helpful. Good luck.

Travis Bell
04-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Moved to the correct forum

JamesSmith
04-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Just maintain your diet a little bit clear.Cut down some fatty meal from your diet chart and do regular exercise.I think it will help you.All the very best.