PDA

View Full Version : Problem after cleaning up my diet

Andre518
04-08-2009, 06:27 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this or even if anyone could help. But here it goes anyway. I'm starting to cut weight slowly I'm trying to get from 270lbs to 242lbs. So I cleaned up my diet and have been eating a lot of fruits, vegetables, and other carbs but I now notice that I have really bad gas all the time. I use fitday.com to track my food intake and noticed that my fiber intake is between 55-68g a day. I was wondering will my body start to get use to this and adjust making me not have so much gas or should I look into getting something like Beano?

Pimpstick
04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
1) Post up your typical meal plan for a day
2) Most likely its increased protein in your diet, but we need to see your diet to be sure.
3) Beano works.
4) You could just do what most of us do and embrace our gas :) Room clearing gas is a blessing, and ladies secretly love it. Gas that makes people sick to their stomachs has pheremones that the ladies cannot resist.

VikingWarlord
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm with him. More than likely it's the increased protein, though that really is a ****load of fiber...probably very literally.

Andre518
04-08-2009, 09:34 AM
This was yesterday. The totals at the bottom go from left to right as calories, fat, carbs, protein.
http://i42.tinypic.com/10n5o48.jpg

Pimpstick
04-08-2009, 09:41 AM
if that's the EAS protein that comes in the purple bag from Sam's Club, that is your culprit. It is the worst protein powder I have ever consumed. EVER. and it made me fart like a crazy person.

Andre518
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Yeah it is I've been using it from over a year and half mostly chocolate but this time I have been using vanilla. Its almost gone next week Im gonna try ON protein. I have use body fortress a few time and that really did a number on my stomach.

given'er
04-08-2009, 12:39 PM
if that's the EAS protein that comes in the purple bag from Sam's Club, that is your culprit. It is the worst protein powder I have ever consumed. EVER. and it made me fart like a crazy person.

No doubt! What's with EAS protien? For a company that's suppose to be one of the most advanced their stuff sure tastes like garbage. I bought a box of their pre packaged meal replacements to take on vacation.....horrible, horible stuff.