PDA

View Full Version : rackpull height question

roots
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Is it useful to do rackpulls with the pins set above my knees, even though my sticking point is usually below my knees? I will still do them with the pins under my knees anyway, just curious if the extra weight I pull with them set higher will have any carryover.

Reko
04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
probably not. it is best to do them just below your sitcking point.

MarcusWild
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I agree with just below your sticking point. If you can pull off blocks, then that's even better than a rack pull.

evilxxx
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Is it useful to do rackpulls with the pins set above my knees, even though my sticking point is usually below my knees? I will still do them with the pins under my knees anyway, just curious if the extra weight I pull with them set higher will have any carryover.

It's useful to improve your grip. I do rack pulls from mid shin for my sticking point (wish is like yours close to the knees)and from the knees for grip. just to mention one of the negatives of rack pulls, if you are doing reps and one side goes down and smacks against the pin before the other its gonna trow you off balance really bad..I know...not fun.

MarcusWild
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
On a related note, if your weak point is right below your knees then it means your lower back is weak. Do more accessory work for your lower back. You can also wear your belt less.