PDA

View Full Version : Problems gaining any weight?

Yaz
04-15-2001, 07:52 AM
This is focked. I used to be 207 lbs, because all I did was eat. I am 153 right now, and am eating like a hoss. Everything in sight. Whether it be Edy's ;) - Chocolate, Arby's Roast Beef, loads of Oatmeal, or just some Tuna on whole wheat. Not gaining a pound.

I used to be a fat turd. Now I'm stuck on 153. Anyone have an explanation for that? It's confusing...

Azn Sensation
04-15-2001, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure about this, but you might have had a lot less muscle even though you weighed more when you were 200+ lbs. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism and the more calories you burn. So You eat more, but still have a hard time gaining because you have a higher metabolism.
If you did have more muscle in the past, than maybe you've increased your metabolism by working out more?!?
If your havin trouble gaining, just keep increasing your calories, until you have gained. its that simple.

hope this helps, lates

Podium Kreatin
04-15-2001, 05:37 PM
that's a pretty good accomplishment! yeah, i agree w/ azn, u could've gained some muscle while losing weight, or maybe ur continuing to lose weight and gain muscle, and the net gain is 0lbs (lose 3lbs of fat, gain 3lbs of muscle).

OR, u could have similar genetics to me, in which i hit "spurts" of growth (like up to 15lbs in a month naturally) and "plateaus" (0-1lbs in a month). just wait, cuz i have problems dealing with plateaus in weight gain, especially after those sporadic bursts in mass gains! hope this helps