PDA

View Full Version : Football combine tomorrow...

cwoodrb105
04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, I have a major football combine tomorrow meant for college recruiting. I'm about to go out and get some food to snack on before since we leave at 5 AM, and it goes from 8 AM to 12 PM. I was wondering what kind of food I should eat before since we're leaving on an autobus. I was thinking...

2 bananas
mandarin oranges
energy shot (small thing)
bottle of water to drink before.

Anything else I should eat or do to really do my best? I'm a bit nervous.

squat huge
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Good luck in your combine! I like what you have listed. Also eat your normal breakfast before you get on the bus. Your body is used to whatever you normally eat, so don't spring something new on it at the last minute. Try to have fun and don't overthink, your body performs better when you are relaxed and at ease. Think about the best game you have ever had, really visualize it, that will put you in a positive state.
I would definitely take a multi vitamin the day before, drink plenty of water, sleep 9-10 hours, and eat some complex carbs and EFA's the night before. Sweet potato, brown rice, oats, quinoa, avacado,(much higher than banana in potasium), whole wheat, almonds, walnuts, to name a few options.
and take your multi with a meal.
Good luck and have fun!

cwoodrb105
04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll take all of that into consideration and thanks a bunch!

Sensei
04-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Eat what you'd normally eat. If you make changes at this point, it probably isn't going to make a significant impact anyway and you might give yourself an upset stomach which WILL impact how you feel and perform for sure.

slashkills
04-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Good luck man! let us know how it goes.

WillNoble
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Eat what you'd normally eat. If you make changes at this point, it probably isn't going to make a significant impact anyway and you might give yourself an upset stomach which WILL impact how you feel and perform for sure.

This, and best of luck

Do everything as you normally would (sleep, bathroom, food, etc.) if you perform that way on fridays, its not going to do you any worse at a combine.

cwoodrb105
04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Well, I did basically as good as I thought I would. I really need to work on my 40 times and my shuttle times next year. However, I did put up 135 up 24 times on bench, and my standing vertical was 27. Broad jump was also 7'7 but I wasn't as worried about that as I was my speed. My first combine ever, so I know what's going on next year. Good start I think.

ljs102
04-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, I did basically as good as I thought I would. I really need to work on my 40 times and my shuttle times next year. However, I did put up 135 up 24 times on bench, and my standing vertical was 27. Broad jump was also 7'7 but I wasn't as worried about that as I was my speed. My first combine ever, so I know what's going on next year. Good start I think.

Congrats man! Sounds like you know what you've got to do for your next combine.

slashkills
04-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Thats awesome man!

cwoodrb105
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
It was a lot different then I thought! But thanks for the support! I might make a journal when it starts to be warm all the time telling when I'm doing to improve my speed.

WillNoble
04-12-2009, 11:40 AM
the journal is a very good idea, any time you can evaluate real data in efforts of gauging improvement is a good thing, keep one on here, or keep one yourself, either way its a good idea.

Also nice work at the combine, its good to do them while you are so young, it will really pay dividends in the coming years...

slashkills
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
You should definetly start a journal! I seen you started one but never really followed through with it.

cwoodrb105
04-12-2009, 05:43 PM
You should definetly start a journal! I seen you started one but never really followed through with it.

Same day I started up with it, I got a virus on my computer that I didn't fix for about a month so that was the story with that. I'm definitely going to do one for this though.

hellofit4
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Best regards