PDA

View Full Version : Joe DeFranco articles

Travis Bell
04-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Here's some articles that will get some of you started in your training. I do recommend WSBFSB program that Joe Defranco came up with by altering the Westside Template a little bit.

For those of you just looking for a routine to do, this would be a very good start

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside2.htm

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside3.htm

http://www.youtube.com/joedefranco[/QUOTE]

m4rk
04-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the links Travis, I've used his WS4SB I before with good success but never knew there were more variations of it.

Do you have any opinion of using his program in a calorie deficit for fat loss? Couldn't find anything on that topic.

pablonba
07-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I read all 3 articles and thay are great! Im college basketball player who lost his speed and vertical while gaining mass so... i was searching for something like this!

But still have a question... what about the diet?? I mean, eat over mantenaince or equal or below... i guess the "1g protein per lb" still goes.

Thanks in advance.

betog22
08-29-2009, 08:08 PM
so with this, i can get bigger but not slow down in speed? i got tired of being pushed around at 185 but felt fast. i figured i would be happy with being close to 200 but being slower...

Travis Bell
08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
I have 240lb kids that initially can't catch me and I'm 5'8" 260

Bout a 3 month stint with training similar to this and they are blowing right by me and usually around 10lbs heavier.

betog22
08-30-2009, 01:09 AM
ok im sold...so what exactly do i do...or look up?

slashkills
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM
ok im sold...so what exactly do i do...or look up?

maybe the links in the first post are a good start.

betog22
08-30-2009, 11:03 PM
ok im goin to start the ws4sb tomorrow morn at my gym..im assumin the 3rd one is the better one...

slashkills
08-31-2009, 05:24 AM
Depends what your goals are. They are all good though.

betog22
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
umm my goal is to get lean or heavier but still maintain the speed that i have and no lose it because of the weight im goin to gain

betog22
08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
i just saw the sticky on SS, which one would be better for me to do to get to my goal?

slashkills
09-01-2009, 06:31 AM
umm my goal is to get lean or heavier but still maintain the speed that i have and no lose it because of the weight im goin to gain

how tall are you? what do you weigh? what do you want to weigh? what are your weightlifting stats?

betog22
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
ok im 5'6 right now i weigh 197. well i would like to get to a lean `97 or maybe 200. i know i got some fat on me. im not a seriuos lifter as a bodybuilder but i maintain goin just tokeep in good shape. i have had a 1 rep max in a long time.

slashkills
09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I would do starting strength and keep reading as much as you can about strength training and nutrition.

betog22
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
as far a supplementing, i was goin to buy the gnc performance pack. its several items for about 100, my diet is ok. the question is, sohuld i even consider buyin supps?

slashkills
09-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Are you getting 1g of protein per body pound a day? I would record all the food you eat on fitday.com for a week. Its free and tracks all of your cals, proteins, carbs, etc. its a great tool. Take that info and post it here or in the diet and nutrition section of this site for critique.

Im not familiar with the GNC performance pack. The most important thing you need is protein. protein shakes are great, you dont need them though as long as you are getting 1g of protein per body pound a day from food. Other than protein shakes a recovery supplement and vitamins are important for over all health. But not necassary if your diet is in check. Creatine is pretty popular. Its supposed to increase work capacity in the weight room.

No one ever NEEDS Supps though. I would wait untill you are a little more experienced with weightlifting before supps become a concern.

betog22
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
kool,like i said ive been in and out of the gym for ever. jst never stuck to it.

betog22
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
The stack consists of Wheybolic Extreme 60, Amplified Creatine 189, Leucine XT, Mega Men Sport, CLA, Amino Acids 1800, L-Glutamine

betog22
10-29-2009, 07:29 PM
ok so im startin to that routin on monday but my question is...or im asking...is it more complicated than im thinking. i mean it says the amount of sets and reps but the "working up" to part is confusing the crapout of me. also from my understading, im only running on tue after the lower body workout, on thurs i dont get what im runnin and then on saturday well that i do get. i guess im asking to be more dummy proof on the sets and reps. sorry for askin too many questions...thanks in andvance

scuslista
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
That's great! That's quite a very informative post. I've used his WS4SB with good success. Thanks for the links Travis.

Astreocclu
11-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, this looks like a great program. Im gonna start that up in a few weeks to get ready for rugby.

Parker 1995
01-27-2011, 09:13 AM
ok so im startin to that routin on monday but my question is...or im asking...is it more complicated than im thinking. i mean it says the amount of sets and reps but the "working up" to part is confusing the crapout of me. also from my understading, im only running on tue after the lower body workout, on thurs i dont get what im runnin and then on saturday well that i do get. i guess im asking to be more dummy proof on the sets and reps. sorry for askin too many questions...thanks in andvance

it means you do working sets untell you get up to your max for those specific reps.