PDA

View Full Version : vegetarian weight gain

mawga
04-12-2009, 06:33 AM
First off, I wanna say thanks to all you guys r giving me the desire to get going.
I started lifting about 4 months ago sing the tips and routines here and I have gained about 22 pounds ad I look decent for once in my life. LOL

I was 127 pounds and 6FT TALL WHEN I STARTED. Now I am just under 150 pounds, still thin but look god without a shirt. Or atleast beter than before.

ANyway, I notived something in the last 2 months. When I started lifting I ate lots of meats etc.. and gained weight of course... But I switched back to my veetarian lifestyle and noticed I gained weight MUUUUUUUUCH faster and generaly feel a ton better. Has anyone else had this experience?

For instance I can eat a small amount of nuts and vegetables and get about 1000 calries and a **** load of prtein and not feel too ful. But I have to eat a TON of beef etc.. to get the same caloric intake. Just seems interesting to me. Anyone have any pointers as to wether this is feasible switch over the long term?

VikingWarlord
04-12-2009, 09:08 AM
With most nuts, you're getting far more fat than protein. It's unsaturated fat, but you will still need to boost protein intake somehow. Vegetable proteins are almost useless to the human body.

MadScientist
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Seconded,
instead of either going mass beef or vegetarian, find a middle path. You should be able to get up to 175 lean in no time

bass slayer
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Im vegetarian also, its hard to get proper nutrients from just vegetables and nuts, so to gain anything I have to eat alot of eggs drink alot of milk and protein shakes as well to get good gains. im doing pretty good, Ive gained 25-30lbs in 4 months so I think im doing something right.

Max Thunder
04-12-2009, 03:39 PM
A pound of real meat (that is, meat with fat) has a ton of calories. Stop being a vegetarian and be a real man!