PDA

View Full Version : my meal plan ... Rate for me please ....

reidboy
04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
hi guys and gals i new here ... I am 32 years old weight 217 pounds and 5'11 tall.. I currently go to the gym 5-6 days a week and work with free weights doing my own sorta plan .... i wanna loose my fat around tummy and chest area .. I have some muscle under it all i hope lol.. i am thick throung my chest area and arms are okay lol...

any ways here is a meal plan my trainer at the gym told me to start on ... rate for me please. ohh i will be working out 5 days a week around 1 hr on free weights and 30min on cardio a day ... my goal is prob to weight in around 185 and be cut ......

Meal 1
1 c. egg whites
2 oz oats
or
protein shake w/ oatmeal

Meal 2
1 can tuna
1/2 c rice
75 g fibrous veggies

Meal 3
40 g whey isolate
60g rice cakes

Meal 4
5 oz chicken
125 g fibrous veggies
1/2 c, rice

Meal 5
5 oz Turkey
125 g fibrous veggies
4 oz yams

Protein options
5 oz cooked chicken/turkey/white fish/tuna/buffalo
3.5 oz beef (if you use ground, make sure it is lean)
1 cup egg whites
40 g whey protein isolate (powder you can get at poppeys)

Carb options
2 oz dry oats
3 oz shredded wheat
45 g rice cakes
1/2 c. rice
4 oz cooked potato/yam/sweet

Fibrous veggies
Green and yellow beans, squash, green yellow or green pepper, mushrooms, radish, salad ingredients, carrots, cuccumber,brocoly, cauliflour,cabbagge, eggplant, zucchini, ect... You can fill up on these as much as you want if you still feel hungry

Tom Mutaffis
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Everything looks good - you picked the right carb sources and have protein in every meal.

Why are you using whey isolate throughout the day though? You might be better off with a protein blend? Although whey isolate is much better than whey concentrate as long as you can find it at a reasonable cost.

Also, do you take in any simple carbs on your training days? I would throw in a banana before training and perhaps mix your post-workout drink with some simple carbs like apple juice to replenish glycogen; or just use a post-workout solution like Opticen from AtLarge.

Good luck with your goals - you should be able to shed 1-2 lbs per week on this program as long as you are training hard and resting enough.

reidboy
04-14-2009, 06:54 AM
whey isolate is what the trainer said lol i have no idea ... its 44$ at popeys....
so i should drink someting like apple juice before a work out ? not worry about the sugar in it ... sorry i am a newbie lol i will have lots of questions ....

Pimpstick
04-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Looks like your trainer knows nutrition. Before asking 1000 questions, take a few minutes to read up on all the info available on this site. There is SO much good information here that will allow you to ask more refined questions, which will lead to better answers. Good luck getting to 185!

reidboy
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
yes the trainer knows her stuff , she has a university degree in nutrition .yes i am reading as much as i can lol there is alot of info here .. thanks for ur replys just wanted a second opionon on the meal plan

tom183
04-14-2009, 02:50 PM
You eat buffalo? Thats a new one for me. What's it taste like?

Unreal
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Buffalo is great. It is like a leaner more tender beef.

What are the total calories and macro breakdown of your diet? That is what matters. The food choice are all "good" but it kinda looks like calories are WAY low.