PDA

View Full Version : Protein and carb mix?

numbersix
04-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi there,

As you can see from my previous post wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123376 I am a really hard gainer but I'm worried about building muscles only for them to be invisible under body fat.

This is a somewhat academic concern though as dispite training 3 times a week, my appetite is like an anorexic mouse. So, what do you think of this carb and protein mix supplements? like this one.... wheyconsortium.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?id=32

Anyone tried it or something similar? What did you think?

Thanks in advance.

VikingWarlord
04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't understand why you want that. Why does it have anything at all to do with your appetite?

You need to eat and lift. Forget the rest until you've got a respectable base.

samadhi_smiles
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
You'll probably have to force feed yourself a little while to stretch your stomach out.

If you want to grow that is....you won't grow without feeding yourself above your maintenance.

Tom Mutaffis
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Most high carb shakes are going to be lower quality carbohydrate sources than whole foods. It is an easier way to boost overall calories but I would look for a shake that has some real content to it - low sugar, high fiber, moderate fats, high protein. Preferably something with a good quality protein source as well (not just whey concentrate).

As others mentioned "eating big" is something that you will have to taper up to. It will take some time and you may have to force yourself for a little while. As you gain size your body will stabilize and you will have the appetite to support you caloric needs.