PDA

View Full Version : Various fishes and bio-accumlation

Mystic Eric
04-13-2002, 12:47 AM
In regards to tuna, does albacore tuna have less mercury content than the regular tuna? I eat about 3 cans a day of either one and I'm worried about the long term side effects that the tuna will induce.

Blood&Iron
04-13-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
In regards to tuna, does albacore tuna have less mercury content than the regular tuna? I eat about 3 cans a day of either one and I'm worried about the long term side effects that the tuna will induce.
'Regular'? Not sure what you mean by that, but albacore actually tends to have higher methyl-mercury content than skipjack, which is labelled as 'light' tuna and might be what your thinking of as 'regular'.

Budiak
04-13-2002, 12:47 PM
Keep eating.

I am extremely skeptical to the notion that eating 3 cans of tuna a day will give you mercury poisoning.

This coming from people who eat gobs of peanut butter, also "known" to be fattening. Rediculous amounts of protein, "known" to be stressful on the kidneys. After my diet has changed to what it is now, defying most conventions of modern diet and nutritional knowledge, I just dont buy it.

So to answer your question, zombies.