PDA

View Full Version : DE Question

Kray-z
04-13-2009, 06:47 AM
It seems like I've read different weight percentage suggestions for DE day and I'm really struggling with this. SQ day typically runs 50-60% of your 1RM (or 56-66% of your best box squat) and I've seen BP as both 55% and 60% of a shirtless max or 45% of your best floor press.

I believe a WSB article from last year suggested on SQ for bar weight to be 40% and band weight 10% and BP was 40% band weight at the top.

Wondering what percentages guys are typically using and more specifically, how are these percentage altered for the raw lifter (presuming they would be since the 1RM would be different). What percentage of bar weight vs. band tension is used? Travis I am curious as to what Lou would say about percents and the raw lifter as well.

Many thanks for any input.

Lones Green
04-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I think a lot of people get caught up in percentage. Its not a huge deal. Its a guideline for beginners. If its not fast, take weight off.

As for % of band tension to straight weight for a raw lifter, look a little ways down the page and view the raw thread. We discussed it at the end of the thread, typically less band tension and more bar weight is going to be used for a raw lifter.

Travis Bell
04-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Lou generally has raw lifters do the same stuff we do.

You never want super heavy band tension for DE work

ME work is a different story, but for DE it has to be fast