PDA

View Full Version : Best Investment in Training Equipment/Accessories You've Made

Pete22
04-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Saw a post like this on another board. What is THE best, or some of the best investments you've made in training equipment and accessories?

Mine without a doubt is my power rack. Looking back on it now, I wish I would've ponied up the money for one from Elite. Second would be my Jesup power bar, and then my Inzer forever belt third.

Tom Mutaffis
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Sled... cost me around $100 shipped for a high quality one that can hold 600+ lbs and has been through some great conditioning workouts. Very useful and great bang for the buck in my opinion.

rctriplefresh5
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
powertec powerrack. i got mine for 315 dollars shipped. its plenty strong enough for me. tested it once it was able to handle 640 pounds being droopped on it for my quarter squats/lockouts LOL

Sidior
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
-13mm single prong powerbelt
-texas power bar

The power belt was the first step on the road to me being a gear whore.

MarcusWild
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
All the stuff I have in my garage. Granted, I didn't buy all of it. Getting out of a commercial gym was the best thing ever though.

JK1
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
All the stuff I have in my garage. Granted, I didn't buy all of it. Getting out of a commercial gym was the best thing ever though.

Yup, I'm really looking forward to leaving the commercial gym. I just hope I can find enough training partners once things are up and going........

for me the single best investment has been the GHR I have on my back porch right now. That and that first set of Spud Inc safety straps. Those straps have been worth every penny.

MarcusWild
04-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I was worried about training partners too. There were some workouts in November where it was me and one other person. I was wondering WTF was I thinking, and what was I going to do with all this gym equipment. Now there's 6 other people and we never have less than 5 for a training session. We're out growing my garage and looking at warehouse space in the next 3 months or so.

It was quite awhile ago that I knew I wanted a private gym. At that point, I committed myself to learning as much as possible about getting strong. It helps my own lifting, plus it makes it so I can help others. If you can help other people get strong, then they'll want to train with you. The best progress I've helped someone with is:

380 (which he didn't get and bombed)

5 months later:

Travis Bell
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Paying for gas for my 2hr round trips to Westside twice a week

Athos
04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Power rack, jump stretch bands, manta ray device, adjustable dumbells, all the stuff I bought from Lowes/Home Depot to make what I didn't have (e.g., sled).