PDA

View Full Version : 500 lb Deadlift!

Persicutor
04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Me and my brother finally hit a 500 lb deadlift today! I have been deadlifting for 9 months and started at 275lbs. My brother has been deadlifting for a year and 4 months and started at 225lbs. Here are the vids:

Me:

eF9yjQBb2Rw

Brother (roots):

GuA5B-AZP88

HeavyBomber
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice job both of you! But you at 185... wOW!

Beast Genetics
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Nice job both of you! But you at 185... wOW!

Ditto, That was sick!!!!

ct67_72
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
wow, very nice. that looks crazy at 185. good job

danmac
04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't know what to say. Congrats to both of you *******s haha. Thats absolutely sick and makes me really motivated to get mine to move.

Just ridiculous. I helped your brother do his first deadlifts... and now this! haha.

Persicutor
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks everyone!

I don't know what to say. Congrats to both of you *******s haha. Thats absolutely sick and makes me really motivated to get mine to move.

Just ridiculous. I helped your brother do his first deadlifts... and now this! haha.

Thanks man, I probably wouldn't have even started deadlifting (or powerlifting for that matter) if you hadn't shown my brother and I how to train properly. I was looking at your journal and its given me motivation to get my squats and bench up.

danmac
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
So then, ill just count that as me deadlifting 500 lbs. Basically the same thing.

roots
04-15-2009, 10:07 AM
So then, ill just count that as me deadlifting 500 lbs. Basically the same thing.

haha yeah. that makes sense

Jorge Sanchez
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Sweet pulls, guys!! That's impressive.

Nice gym too.

evilxxx
04-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Nice pulling! the set up of both of you is identical! who copied who??? hhaha:strong:

mcdonough9395
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Sick pulls guys. 500 is a huge number, congrats. What kind of training program or set up did you use to go from 275-500 in just 9 months? That is some ridiculous progress man.

roots
04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Sweet pulls, guys!! That's impressive.

Nice gym too.

thanks man ! Are you still training at the sports complex gym? We usually go there in the afternoon/evening.

roots
04-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Sick pulls guys. 500 is a huge number, congrats. What kind of training program or set up did you use to go from 275-500 in just 9 months? That is some ridiculous progress man.

thanks ! To be honest, we max out every week on deads for about 3-4 weeks in a row, and then we switch to rack pulls for a couple weeks and repeat the cycle. Ive had the best results alternating between these two lifts.

Jorge Sanchez
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
thanks man ! Are you still training at the sports complex gym? We usually go there in the afternoon/evening.

Either the sports complex or MPT. I'm usually there Tuesday and Thursday around 5:30 and usually early afternoon on Saturday. It's tough to tell from the videos, but I think I recognize you guys.

mcdonough9395
04-15-2009, 05:36 PM
thanks ! To be honest, we max out every week on deads for about 3-4 weeks in a row, and then we switch to rack pulls for a couple weeks and repeat the cycle. Ive had the best results alternating between these two lifts.

Thats an interesting approach. But hey whatever works. I may give that a try down the road.

roots
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Either the sports complex or MPT. I'm usually there Tuesday and Thursday around 5:30 and usually early afternoon on Saturday. It's tough to tell from the videos, but I think I recognize you guys.

Cool, I think I know who you are, not 100% tho. I might have spotted you for bench, and told you to drop the bar a little quicker or something....

roots
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Thats an interesting approach. But hey whatever works. I may give that a try down the road.

yea its a different approach, but I never do more than 3 reps for heavy deads. Singles work really well. next week we are goin for 505 ! haha.

danmac
04-15-2009, 10:08 PM

I spent all of first semester at mon petite. I usually trained alone and needed a lot of spots on bench. Might know you too haha.

Cmanuel
04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
great pulls! i hit this in January, certainly a big milestone. Now... 550 by summer's end!

danmac
04-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I have probably watched these videos 40 times now.

Max deadlift day next week, screw the plan. I'm setting a new PR.

View 1
04-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Congrats on the PR for you and your brother. Both my brothers lift but just light, wish I could deadlift with them.

AJ_H
04-16-2009, 05:00 AM
hey sick pulling. what was your exact split if you don't mind me asking: you were about my standard when you started so what worked for you could work for me too if you get what I'm saying - cheers

also hows your squatting?

Jorge Sanchez
04-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Cool, I think I know who you are, not 100% tho. I might have spotted you for bench, and told you to drop the bar a little quicker or something....

Yeah, I remember that. That was definitely me. I'll make sure to say hi next time I'm in there. My real name is Nate.

I spent all of first semester at mon petite. I usually trained alone and needed a lot of spots on bench. Might know you too haha.

Could be. I was at MPT a lot while the bus strike was on. I was the guy that always hogging the squat rack.

roots
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
hey sick pulling. what was your exact split if you don't mind me asking: you were about my standard when you started so what worked for you could work for me too if you get what I'm saying - cheers

also hows your squatting?

thanks man. Deadlifts are at the beginning of the week so i am well rested from the weekend. Like I said before, we always max until progress starts to slow, then switch to rack pulls for a little break. Usually work up to a 3-5RM on racks, sometimes 1RM.

Bench: currently i am on the chris mason bench routine, but i usually bench twice a week, once heavy, the other for high reps.

Squat: I like doing a heavy 3x3 for squats.

My best squat so far is 385, but i havent been pushing them at all lately, because I'm focusing on deads. I want to post a vid of 405 shortly.

AJ_H
04-17-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks man. Deadlifts are at the beginning of the week so i am well rested from the weekend. Like I said before, we always max until progress starts to slow, then switch to rack pulls for a little break. Usually work up to a 3-5RM on racks, sometimes 1RM.

Bench: currently i am on the chris mason bench routine, but i usually bench twice a week, once heavy, the other for high reps.

Squat: I like doing a heavy 3x3 for squats.

My best squat so far is 385, but i havent been pushing them at all lately, because I'm focusing on deads. I want to post a vid of 405 shortly.

thanks m8