PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Diet for Bulking-Lightweight

GetSwoll08
04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey i know there are some other threads on this topic but question still remains the same. Should i be eating more time per day small meals? or big meals less times? or A lot every meal a lot a day ( i kinda do this one)? I am currently 135 with a 7.238 % BF. I want to get up to 160-165 in the next 2-3 months. I have a really high matabolism so most time i dont put on weight at all. Kinda have to force the body to do so haha. Thanks for any and all input

Morning
i usually have 4-6 eggs scrambled with cheese and either some milk with this or protein shake

Midmorning
just a snack or something to keep food coming

Lunch
1-2 Chicken breast(s) with BBQ sauce and can of mandarin oranges. with this once again milk or water

Pre-Lift
Whey protein and N.O explode ( may stop with the N.O explode)

Post-Lift / Dinner
Whey protein and again 1-2 peices of Chicken Breast with BBQ sauce and another can of oranges or applesauce to go with it

Mid-evening
another snack once again to keep food coming

Late Night
Family size can of Spaghetti O's and meatballs and some mandarin oranges. After which i will have another whey protein shake. I have just added the Bako shake instead of this evening whey shake so we'll see. So far so good :D

tom183
04-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Should i be eating more time per day small meals? or big meals less times?

6-7 smaller meals is preferrable to 2-3 big meals imo. It doesnt really matter though, as long as you're eating above maintenance.

Your meal plan needs to be far more detailed if we are to critique it properly. On the surface though, it doesnt look like much food at all really and what is there isnt that good. For starters, theres no vegetables.

Also, what on earth is a can of mandarin oranges?

whiteman90909
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Dude, read the other posts. I'm gonna say what I just told another guy a couple hours ago:

What you're gonna need to tell us if you want us to rate your diet is your maintenance caloric intake and the macros for your diet plan. Use fitday.com to track your calories for a week or two. Don't eat any different than normal. Find the daily average: this is youre maintenance level. Add 500-1000 calories per day on top of that, depending on how fast you're trying to gain weight, and make sure to be consistent with it. If you don't gain, add a few hundred calories per day.

Now as for the diet, you might wanna wait until you know your maintenance level before you plan how many calories you'll need. After you've found your maintenance, get a plan together like the one you have above and find out how many calories you'll be eating along with the protein/carb/fat content of the diet. We need more information to make a decision based on how you're doing.

Mercuryblade
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Also, what on earth is a can of mandarin oranges?

Mandarin oranges, in a can.

tom183
04-15-2009, 02:54 PM
^--Pardon my confusion, Im sure it stems simply from a difference in terminology between Australian and American but over here a mandarin (usually spelt with an 'e' on the end) and an orange are two separate fruits.
After a bit of googling it seems that what we call a mandarine, you guys call a mandarin orange.

Joshua_P
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Mandarin oranges, in a can.

hah.
Ive never actually lauged out loud at something I read on the internet.
Thanks